• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official restore with dl mode?

Is This My Problem?
---------------------
Okay Every Thing Goes Greats Till It Is Suppose To Say Status 3, I Was Wondering If Mcafee Verizon Internet Security Suite Was Making It Status 2 Because You Can't Close It.

You're getting status 2? You can try what I did. I can't guarantee it will work, but I think I'm the only one who's managed to recover from it.

Upvote 0

Try it with a fully charged battery. I just tried it again and it's not working for me either. There are only 2 things different from before. The battery was fully charged, and the phone was deactivated as I had switched to a backup phone. I don't see how whether the phone was active would make a difference, which just leaves the battery. I've seen other restore processes for other phones that require the battery to be fully charged. Could be the same here. The reset might not function unless the battery is fully charged to prevent the risk of the battery dying while it is resetting. I am charging mine now, will try it again in the morning.

I know I should've left well enough alone, but I was getting some errors again and wasn't getting any help with recovering apks to fix it. :/ Anyway, I felt relatively certain I would be able to get it to work again...just gotta figure out what the missing piece of the puzzle is. Hope it's the battery. If not, I'll switch to the backup phone again and try it. *fingers crossed*

Upvote 0
Try it with a fully charged battery. I just tried it again and it's not working for me either. There are only 2 things different from before. The battery was fully charged, and the phone was deactivated as I had switched to a backup phone. I don't see how whether the phone was active would make a difference, which just leaves the battery. I've seen other restore processes for other phones that require the battery to be fully charged. Could be the same here. The reset might not function unless the battery is fully charged to prevent the risk of the battery dying while it is resetting. I am charging mine now, will try it again in the morning.

I know I should've left well enough alone, but I was getting some errors again and wasn't getting any help with recovering apks to fix it. :/ Anyway, I felt relatively certain I would be able to get it to work again...just gotta figure out what the missing piece of the puzzle is. Hope it's the battery. If not, I'll switch to the backup phone again and try it. *fingers crossed*
I'll try it, but the charging screen is stuck so it won't tell me percentage. I'll wait a night of charging.

Upvote 0
Hey BG4M3R What Version Of Drivers You Using, Also Where Did You Get Them? I am also wondering where you got your LG Flash Tool?

I'm using the versions posted in this thread. Driver 3.11

I've gotten the reset screen to come up a couple more times, but I'm not 100% on exactly how I'm triggering it. :mad: One time it seemed like it came up when I released the buttons...like a hold for 5 sec and release kind of thing, but I'm having difficulty replicating on a reliable basis. Also, both times after the reset it's just gone back to status 2. It worked once, I don't know why it isn't working now.

Upvote 0
It's been a while since I set up the flash tool but I think I had that issue too. Is megalock.Dll in the flash tools folder? If not place it there.
I'm not home right now but when I get their I can look at my flash tool. When you launch the program what do you get?

here is the megalock I use, perhaps you just have the wrong megalock.

megalock.dll: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03109968488715680673

Upvote 0
OMG! So I noticed that in the last screenshot it seemed to be implying that it failed to change the status because the phone had completed a factory boot. So, out of pure desperation, I waited for it to get to 99% flash on the phone and started holding Vol+ hoping it would reboot straight into download mode. When the LG logo came up, I held down power too to attempt to prevent it from getting to the mini os screen. When it rebooted, it went to a different factory data reset screen. I told it to do it, and now it rebooted like nothing was ever wrong! Phone fixed! I have no clue as to why it worked differently then what asmugone said, but I have my phone back! Hooray for desperately smashing buttons!

All I can say is freaking wow!!! I also fixed my phone from that status 2 blue screen using the factory reset method by holding the vol+ and power button once the LG logo screen came up during the reboot.

A couple things for me too by the way that might help some poor lad like myself:

1. Using the factory reset method mentioned above after the phone reboots in the LG flashtool (vol+ and power button pressed together (or maybe even vol- and power button???) , I probably went through like 10-15 iterations above before it finally didnt go to the blue screen and returned to normal. I also said yes to wipe everything once in factory reset menu.

2. The LG flashtool status still showed up as FAIL even though my phone ended up resetting itself back to normal.

3. I uninstalled the latest driver I had which was 3.11.3 and used the driver update from asmugone in comment #48 I believe, which was NOT the latest driver update ( it was 3.11.0). That driver is found in the LG PC Suite folder under LG_USB_Driver. (I'm not even sure if this really mattered or not anymore but just listing the steps I took).

4. Thanks to everyone who helped figure this out, bg4m3r and asmugone. Now I'm back on the version 3 software and tethering again hopefully! I'm so done with LG after this. . . .

I also attached pics to show that i really did get it out of the blue screen in case someone is losing faith out there. . .

Attachments

• IMG_20141103_151317.jpg
    IMG_20141103_151317.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20141104_005841.jpg
    IMG_20141104_005841.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
Item 1: The tot file!:1.17 gb! remember to backup efs parition and do a full nandroid asap! Note this is the boost file but it seems that simply activating the phone will download proper firmware to modify it to respective carriers.
https://mega.co.nz/#!lAImESRI!fzpKjwS5n0cV73BMkUQNLAUk73xE6lmcc4UmeaDdorE

Item 2: DLL files and lg flash tool.
https://mega.co.nz/#!QdJA2RxK!iLmXWf0LXqbxsUtD6vNmnhhR4pTfJTW2Np3HWE2_hQo

Item 3: INSTRUCTIONS:
LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) - xda-developers

Happy unbricking!
Highly suggest that we mirror these as many places as possible to avoid any "issues".:p

My donation link: Please help and donate if I have helped you.:)
http://tinyurl.com/asmugone/
The links that you have sourced are not working?? Could you post fixed ones??

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Item 1: The tot file!:1.17 gb! remember to backup efs parition and do a full nandroid asap! Note this is the boost file but it seems that simply activating the phone will download proper firmware to modify it to respective carriers.
https://mega.co.nz/#!lAImESRI!fzpKjwS5n0cV73BMkUQNLAUk73xE6lmcc4UmeaDdorE

Item 2: DLL files and lg flash tool.
https://mega.co.nz/#!QdJA2RxK!iLmXWf0LXqbxsUtD6vNmnhhR4pTfJTW2Np3HWE2_hQo

Item 3: INSTRUCTIONS:
LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) - xda-developers

Happy unbricking!
Highly suggest that we mirror these as many places as possible to avoid any "issues".:p

My donation link: Please help and donate if I have helped you.:)
http://tinyurl.com/asmugone/

Thanks asmugone for providing these files! Have you received enough donations to cover your cost yet? If not, please let us know how much more you need. Maybe you could edit your post to add that info, and update it periodically as donations come in. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I need some help I've had my LG volt bricked for a couple weeks now and can't seem to figure it out I flashed a rom that I didn't notice was for a different LG phone and now my phone only shows a black screen no dl mode no recovery just black and when I connect it to my computer a mass storage device pops up an only a file called image and a different one shows up I need help if there's any fix for this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones