• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Pre-release thread - Sprint official launch is Saturday, June 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, our first world problems are so insufferable.

20499188.jpg

Seriously, people, get a grip. It's just a phone.

Upvote 0
Ok, there's no denying it...I'm angry. I went to bed angry, after I found out about this, and I awoke just as mad. My anger rests solely with apple for pulling this stunt, at this stage of the process. :mad:

Now (deep inhale, thinking positive) I hope the accessory vendors get moving and start producing some great gear to go with the LTEVO, whenever it's released. :D

Sticking with Sprint & HTC...:thumbup:

Upvote 0
lolz...consumers. I wish the same people who are getting so upset could try one day to run a large business. That attitude would change fast. I'm not upset but I do think this thing is going to draw out. I don't think it will just be a few days. Hope I'm wrong, but customs is a whole different beast..and if it's Apple that's pushing this they have a reason which means they will try to delay this for as long as they can as it only helps them.

Upvote 0
Here's what I don't get. The injunction is based on a particular implementation of software, right? And HTC says they've removed said implementation from Sense, right? So why can't someone from HTC go to customs, pop open a One X and an LTEvo from this shipment, and show the customs guys that the phones don't do the infringing process anymore?

Upvote 0
Here's what I don't get. The injunction is based on a particular implementation of software, right? And HTC says they've removed said implementation from Sense, right? So why can't someone from HTC go to customs, pop open a One X and an LTEvo from this shipment, and show the customs guys that the phones don't do the infringing process anymore?

You really think a customs agent will know wth they are looking at

Reactions: WifiMaxed
Upvote 0
lolz...consumers. I wish they same people who are getting so upset could try one day to run a large business. That attitude would change fast. I'm not upset but I do think this thing is going to draw out. I don't think it will just be a few days. Hope I'm wrong, but customs is a whole different beast..and if it's Apple that's pushing this they have a reason which means they will try to delay this for as long as they can as it only helps them.

Part of running a large business is dealing with these kinds of issues which Sprint has neglected to do for the most part. Yes, these things do happen and people do get upset but there are different ways of handling situations like this.

Upvote 0
Part of running a large business is dealing with these kinds of issues which Sprint has neglected to do for the most part. Yes, these things do happen and people do get upset but there are different ways of handling situations like this.

So tell me how would you have handled this? Keep in mind if you make any definitive type statements you could lose sales or make people more upset. Sprint had no real control over this and HTC is going to lose a lot because I'm sure they have agreements to get product to certain points on time. All Sprint could go on was the assurance that HTC had this issue taken care of. Sprint and retail locations tell you there may be delays and that no date is final. So again tell me how you would handle this?

Upvote 0
Easy guys, everyone is upset, me included ;), getting angry at eachother won't make Sprint or customs release the phone any sooner.
Blaming someone won't solve the problem, so let's try and stay positive. :)

I'm going to get to flashing a new ROM on my OG, its still just as fun.

What will the rest of yinz be doing in the interim to pass the time until launch?

Upvote 0
Easy guys, everyone is upset, me included ;), getting angry at eachother won't make Sprint or customs release the phone any sooner.
Blaming someone won't solve the problem, so let's try and stay positive. :)

I'm going to get to flashing a new ROM on my OG, its still just as fun.

What will the rest of yinz be doing in the interim to pass the time until launch?
Well, personally I was going to probably wait till the end of the month to get this phone anyway. Waiting for the GF to be ready to get her new phone as well. Until then, I'm going to do more research on accessories. Looks like my OG EVO still lives.

Upvote 0
Let me clarify I'm not upset. I'm just curious as to how someone would handle the situation. Consumers typically have some idea that when these things happen no thought is put into the situation...or that they view consumers simply as puppets on a string. I'm willing to bet Sprint is in panic mode and working very hard to get these things settled.

Reactions: tsipa
Upvote 0
So tell me how would you have handled this? Keep in mind if you make any definitive type statements you could lose sales or make people more upset. Sprint had no real control over this and HTC is going to lose a lot because I'm sure they have agreements to get product to certain points on time. All Sprint could go on was the assurance that HTC had this issue taken care of. Sprint and retail locations tell you there may be delays and that no date is final. So again tell me how you would handle this?

How about issuing an official statement about the delay in shipping? Yes, if you call Sprint, they will tell you about the delay but why should the consumer have to go do that when Sprint had no issue telling everyone about the "official" release date. Also, how about offering to cancel pre-orders for the people who do not wish to wait until this sorted? It is not my fault that this happened so why should my money be held hostage due to issues in their supply chain?

Upvote 0
I agree with a lot of theabove posts but I have been reading and thinking about this whole ordeal.. my question is since I payed for my device on day 1 (May 07,2012) at 9am approximately, and I also hadto figure a way for SPRINT to allow me to buy out of my current contract which still had 2years left since i upgraded with a 1year upgrade to get the EVO 3d.. that cost me $115 but i had this payment added to my next sprint Bill. So my question is what will happen with our bills? In my case I am sticking with the LTE EVO I will wait it out :) I'm not happy about it, and this officially has made my hate for crapple grow stronger then ever but in the mean time do I pay sprint the $115 for buying out of my contract and my normal bill at New contract price considering the first bill on a new contract is always higher, and what happens to the current $$$ I payed for my HTC EVO 4g LTE because I don't want sprint to credit that amount back to my bill and deduct that off my total bill.. I had set aside money week by week in hopes I'd be able to upgrade and i was but it wasn't easy first I hadto maneuver my way around sprint to finally be able to buy out my current contract for $115 then upgrade/pre order the new HTC EVO 4g LTE on may 7 at 9am promptly.. so now I'm a bit confused because when i hadto put $100 down to originally get sprint service at my 1 year mark they gave it back as account credit and i didn't have a bill that month.. but in this current situation i do not want them to do that because if they do i won't have the $$$ to re purchase the device unless I set aside the $$ I would have used to pay for my sprint Bill which wasn't easy considering I get paid $9.00 an hour and live alone so that $$$ was very hard not to touch but i did it.. if I were to haveto have self control with $200+ again I'm not sure it would be so easy the 2nd time around... So is there any info on what sprint will do with the current $200+ we have already paid for the HTC EVO 4g LTE's...I do not want my money to be credited back on my monthly bills I want them to hold my money like they have been and when this mess is sorted out I want them to immediately send my device! So if anyone has any knowledgeable input on this matter id Greatly appreciate it so I may not haveto call sprint and find a knowledgeable person again to assure me that they won't credit my money back each month towards my bill because that's not what I want them to do. I want to pay the $115 I owe for buying out my old contract, pay for my new contract and monthly bill when it arrives, and IN the mean time sprint hold my payment I already made for my HTC EVO 4g LTE so when it does arrive they can immediately process it and ship it to me!! Instead of me having to wait, set aside $$$, and pre order or what not again and pray I get it sooner then later I'd prefer to know once It's available it will automatically ship to me provided tracking info and no need for me to repay for the device. Sorry for the long post but I'm really confused on how this issue will be handled given the unfortunate situation thanks to crapple.. :( :( :(

Upvote 0
I agree with a lot of theabove posts but I have been reading and thinking about this whole ordeal.. my question is since I payed for my device on day 1 (May 07,2012) at 9am approximately, and I also hadto figure a way for SPRINT to allow me to buy out of my current contract which still had 2years left since i upgraded with a 1year upgrade to get the EVO 3d.. that cost me $115 but i had this payment added to my next sprint Bill. So my question is what will happen with our bills? In my case I am sticking with the LTE EVO I will wait it out :) I'm not happy about it, and this officially has made my hate for crapple grow stronger then ever but in the mean time do I pay sprint the $115 for buying out of my contract and my normal bill at New contract price considering the first bill on a new contract is always higher, and what happens to the current $$$ I payed for my HTC EVO 4g LTE because I don't want sprint to credit that amount back to my bill and deduct that off my total bill.. I had set aside money week by week in hopes I'd be able to upgrade and i was but it wasn't easy first I hadto maneuver my way around sprint to finally be able to buy out my current contract for $115 then upgrade/pre order the new HTC EVO 4g LTE on may 7 at 9am promptly.. so now I'm a bit confused because when i hadto put $100 down to originally get sprint service at my 1 year mark they gave it back as account credit and i didn't have a bill that month.. but in this current situation i do not want them to do that because if they do i won't have the $$$ to re purchase the device unless I set aside the $$ I would have used to pay for my sprint Bill which wasn't easy considering I get paid $9.00 an hour and live alone so that $$$ was very hard not to touch but i did it.. if I were to haveto have self control with $200+ again I'm not sure it would be so easy the 2nd time around... So is there any info on what sprint will do with the current $200+ we have already paid for the HTC EVO 4g LTE's...I do not want my money to be credited back on my monthly bills I want them to hold my money like they have been and when this mess is sorted out I want them to immediately send my device! So if anyone has any knowledgeable input on this matter id Greatly appreciate it so I may not haveto call sprint and find a knowledgeable person again to assure me that they won't credit my money back each month towards my bill because that's not what I want them to do. I want to pay the $115 I owe for buying out my old contract, pay for my new contract and monthly bill when it arrives, and IN the mean time sprint hold my payment I already made for my HTC EVO 4g LTE so when it does arrive they can immediately process it and ship it to me!! Instead of me having to wait, set aside $$$, and pre order or what not again and pray I get it sooner then later I'd prefer to know once It's available it will automatically ship to me provided tracking info and no need for me to repay for the device. Sorry for the long post but I'm really confused on how this issue will be handled given the unfortunate situation thanks to crapple.. :( :( :(

Sprint will honor whatever it is you have going with them, you just have to wait a few more day's for the phone. That's it!;)

Upvote 0
How about issuing an official statement about the delay in shipping? Yes, if you call Sprint, they will tell you about the delay but why should the consumer have to go do that when Sprint had no issue telling everyone about the "official" release date. Also, how about offering to cancel pre-orders for the people who do not wish to wait until this sorted? It is not my fault that this happened so why should my money be held hostage due to issues in their supply chain?

So if the issue does get fixed say today, and the phone gets to stores and consumers by Monday should they have done this? That's the question that has to be asked. You have to weigh what the delay will be vs. what people can handle...and again making an official statement without something definitive like say how long they will be held only hurts you in the long run. Right now I'm sure Sprint is in a holding pattern with this. So if the delay is very minor they shoot themselves in the foot by doing what you suggest.

Upvote 0

If they refuse to give you your money back now (I don't think they can do that), then wait when the phone releases and return and get your refund!

Upvote 0

We need this broken into paragraphs. :p

Upvote 0
If they refuse to give you your money back now (I don't think they can do that), then wait when the phone releases and return and get your refund!

It's not the 18th yet so they are under no obligation to give it back now.

Does anyone remember when they officially announced the release date? They could also argue that when you pre-ordered they hadn't officially announced it yet.

For customer service reasons it would be a pretty bad decision not to though.

Upvote 0
So if the issue does get fixed say today, and the phone gets to stores and consumers by Monday should they have done this? That's the question that has to be asked. You have to weigh what the delay will be vs. what people can handle...and again making an official statement without something definitive like say how long they will be held only hurts you in the long run. Right now I'm sure Sprint is in a holding pattern with this. So if the delay is very minor they shoot themselves in the foot by doing what you suggest.

Fair enough, it might not be prudent for them to issue a statement if it is a minimal delay of a day or so. However, people are expecting the phone to be available on Friday so leaving customers in the dark about this might also wind up hurting them. I agree that it is possible that even Sprint doesn't have all of the information about how long the phones will be held and therefore is reluctant to issue a statement that it will later have to amend.

Still, acknowledging the issue without giving any timeline might go a long way with certain customers.

Reactions: 814 htc evo
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones