• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Pre-release thread - Sprint official launch is Saturday, June 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAZR Maxx went from 1700 to 3300 mAh battery and only gained 2 mm in thickness.

So, I think that the 2650 battery can happen without lots of extra bulk.

And - clearly, someone in the battery world is up to something...

I want those fast charging batteries they are talking about. I'd be 100% ok with a 1500Mah battery if it charged from E to F in 5 minutes lol....

Upvote 0
Also HTC One does not have a removable battery. How do you pull the battery when all else fails?

My thoughts exactly!

I have only had my HTC EVO 4G for a year, but I have had to do a few battery pull.

Also as a former Blackberry admin at work, I always knew the if all else failed, I could do a battery pull to do a forced reset.

Upvote 0
My thoughts exactly!

I have only had my HTC EVO 4G for a year, but I have had to do a few battery pull.

Also as a former Blackberry admin at work, I always knew the if all else failed, I could do a battery pull to do a forced reset.

There's always a button sequence to press in the event of a lockup. Always best to ask for help before assuming.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
exactly button combination reset is the exact same as a battery pull.

if you press power and volume up (assuming that is what they have for the reset) together and hold them it charges a capacitor that when discharged creates a short in the circuit incompleteing the circuit from the battery so literally it makes the batter disconnect then reconnect.

I feel like that info must not be common knowledge. Seems like that is one big thing people are complaining about with the EVO ONE.

Upvote 0
If the rumors end up being right, I'll actually like watching the Sprint unboxing much more because the kickstand will be on that bad boy!

Just one observation. The unboxing is in French, but I'm surprised the guy isn't say "HTC Un X"...He's actually pronouncing it Wuhn-Ehks....LOL.

That's actually pretty common in European markets; stuff in English is cool. That's why the Germans have the word "Chillen" which means "to chill". Hahaha

Upvote 0
That's actually pretty common in European markets; stuff in English is cool. That's why the Germans have the word "Chillen" which means "to chill". Hahaha

Yeah, I know. I've been to Europe and Asia many times, and it's common worldwide (not just Europe)...just thought that was funny, since I took French for several years.

Upvote 0
I agree with you! I've been out of my contract for the past 2yrs now! I've been patient and waiting...cause I felt like the Evo 3D was a waste of time (load of malarkey)!

I agree...I had an HTC Hero, and when my Upgrade came a year ago, I chose the HTC EVO 4G instead of the EVO 3D, because I do not shoot video with my phone and take few pictures, so I did not need to have the 3D

Upvote 0
A Quick camera comparison with One x, Xperia S and GNexus.....

The other thing that isn't really a "deal breaker" for me, but I'd miss it, is I've loved having a dedicated camera button on the MoPho, which was a nice addition coming from the original EVO. If they added that, it'd be pretty tough for me to stay away from the EVO One.

Upvote 0
The other thing that isn't really a "deal breaker" for me, but I'd miss it, is I've loved having a dedicated camera button on the MoPho, which was a nice addition coming from the original EVO. If they added that, it'd be pretty tough for me to stay away from the EVO One.

Oh...you really like the dedicated camera button!? I got use to the on screen shutter button and didn't really think about it!

Upvote 0
Considering my upgrade dies not come until July 2013, I guess I will have to wait, but the new HTC does look nice. I would love to have 16 GB hard drive space considering I am running out of hard drive on my EVO.

What I do if still in contract, I will purchase from craigslist and blue moon Ebay...Do a ESN check in front of the person while talking to sprint to make sure the phone isn't stolen! :D works like a charm!!!!

Upvote 0
exactly button combination reset is the exact same as a battery pull.

if you press power and volume up (assuming that is what they have for the reset) together and hold them it charges a capacitor that when discharged creates a short in the circuit incompleteing the circuit from the battery so literally it makes the batter disconnect then reconnect.

Being serious...does that work for the HTC EVO ?

Upvote 0
Oh...you really like the dedicated camera button!? I got use to the on screen shutter button and didn't really think about it!

Yeah. It's awesome because it doesn't trigger when the phone is on standby or the lock screen (since I pocket my phone, this was important for me). But when I pull my phone out and want to take a pic, I don't have to worry about the app button not opening the camera right away. I've maybe had 1 instance where, the dedicated button didn't open the camera right away, but other than that, it's a really cool feature that I think all future phones should incorporate (if possible).

Upvote 0
Considering my upgrade dies not come until July 2013, I guess I will have to wait, but the new HTC does look nice. I would love to have 16 GB hard drive space considering I am running out of hard drive on my EVO.

Makes a HUGE difference. I didn't think it would, but going from a non-rooted EVO (that was having memory issues, but not really "lagging" that much) to a non-rooted MoPho that still barely lags (w/ 160+ apps) after 8 months of owning the phone...definitely a huge difference (not to mention the faster processor and more RAM that helps too).

Upvote 0
Yeah. It's awesome because it doesn't trigger when the phone is on standby or the lock screen (since I pocket my phone, this was important for me). But when I pull my phone out and want to take a pic, I don't have to worry about the app button not opening the camera right away. I've maybe had 1 instance where, the dedicated button didn't open the camera right away, but other than that, it's a really cool feature that I think all future phones should incorporate (if possible).

I can't think of the last smartphone that I had, that had a dedicated button!? But what you said makes sense! I just got use to open from the app! The video also demonstrate how effective the dedicated button is!

Upvote 0
according to the specs I just read on the sprint version, it will have a 2800 MAH non-removable battery and WILL have a regular SD slot that we are used to.

" According to the tipster, the HTC EVO ONE will have a 4.7 inch 720p AMOLED screen with a dual-core 1.5GHz krait processor under the hood. The latter is the same CPU that the AT&T version of the HTC One X is rockin'. There will be a 2650 non-removable battery powering the phone and 16GB of internal memory which can be bumped up using the microSD slot. An 8MP camera is on back with a 2MP front-facing shooter. Android 4.0 is installed out of the box along with Sense 4.0 and it is a Beats Audio device. The HTC EVO ONE will offer LTE connectivity and is penciled in for a June 6th launch."

HTC EVO ONE for Sprint to launch in June with large display and battery

The question will be, since this will be an LTE phone, and since there is no LTE yet, will we be able to use WIMAX on it? it needs to be LTE/WIMAX. although the wimax coverage where I live is almost not existent.

Also, unless ICS optimized the battery life, the non-removable battery might be a issue.. For instance, I go places where I might not be able to charge my phone an entire day and even into the next day.... WIll this battery size they are proposing, last that long?

Upvote 0
if it is a 720p Amoled.. that would be very bad.. and would be one of it's biggest NEGATIVE.. might stop me from getting this.

comparing it to the Note:
has better screen spec..
Spen..
removable battery..

One:
has better camera
Sense (My opinion it is great)
S4

need more info to make final decision

Upvote 0
according to the specs I just read on the sprint version, it will have a 2800 MAH non-removable battery and WILL have a regular SD slot that we are used to.

" According to the tipster, the HTC EVO ONE will have a 4.7 inch 720p AMOLED screen with a dual-core 1.5GHz krait processor under the hood. The latter is the same CPU that the AT&T version of the HTC One X is rockin'. There will be a 2650 non-removable battery powering the phone and 16GB of internal memory which can be bumped up using the microSD slot. An 8MP camera is on back with a 2MP front-facing shooter. Android 4.0 is installed out of the box along with Sense 4.0 and it is a Beats Audio device. The HTC EVO ONE will offer LTE connectivity and is penciled in for a June 6th launch."

HTC EVO ONE for Sprint to launch in June with large display and battery

The question will be, since this will be an LTE phone, and since there is no LTE yet, will we be able to use WIMAX on it? it needs to be LTE/WIMAX. although the wimax coverage where I live is almost not existent.

Also, unless ICS optimized the battery life, the non-removable battery might be a issue.. For instance, I go places where I might not be able to charge my phone an entire day and even into the next day.... WIll this battery size they are proposing, last that long?

You will never see a LTE/WiMAX device. It will be rendered a 3G device until LTE is rolled out in your area (which is quite fine by me!).

if it is a 720p Amoled.. that would be very bad.. and would be one of it's biggest NEGATIVE.. might stop me from getting this.

comparing it to the Note:
has better screen spec..
Spen..
removable battery..

One:
has better camera
Sense (My opinion it is great)
S4

need more info to make final decision

I was under the impression that it was already established that the EVO One was going to have a SLCD-2 screen. The SAMOLED screen is for the One S line of devices.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones