• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ***Official*** Status of your Droid X order thread

I just got an email confirming delivery on Monday. I just called them to see if they were screwing with me, nope, its coming. Now what? Do I forgive and forget, or return it. Since I now own an Evo, maybe it is time for a heads up comparison. The Sprint dropped a call on the way home, maybe a fluke. Send on of them back after 30 days. It still does not change how I was treated, or does it?

I would take this opportunity to use both for the trial period to decide which one is best for you. As rdcamero has already pointed out Sprint isn't perfect either.

About your warranty issue, the manufacturer sets the terms and conditions for the warranty, VZW (and other carriers) act as a service contractor and they have to follow the T&C's of the manufacturer.

With that said, VZW is doing a horrible job with these product launches. Their very poorly designed order taking/tracking system was never designed for backorders. They make it a complicated process for customers/sales reps alike by requiring special codes to ensure overnight delivery. If the order is not coded as overnight is takes a lower priority in the system which may cause a delay in shipping. Another problem is they are immediately taking payment on backordered items, Amazon and other companies don't charge your card/account till the item is shipped. And their order cancelation process makes it nearly impossible to actually cancel an order as you have found out.

We also should remember that most CSR/Sales reps really do have good intentions and they are doing the best they can. It's not their fault that they don't have enough phones and that the company is keeping them in the dark on various things. They are basically being thrown to the wolves.

As someone who used to work for VZW on the team that processed internet orders I know what goes on behind the scenes. These product launches is just another reason I'm glad I no longer work in the wireless industry. After also working for two other carriers I've learned that the grass isn't always greener and VZW is the best of all the evils.

Upvote 0
Sure, although I probably wont call until it actually arrives there tomorrow morning.
How'd your call go this morning?
This morning, at 7:08am, mine arrived at the "Local FedEx Facility", when it had been at the "Dest Sort Facility" since 6:21pm last night. So i called about picking it up there. Apparently, even though it says it's at the local fedex facility, that's not the "Destination station", which is at a diferent address she gave me, and it probably won't get there until Monday. The address it is at right now isn't even open today, and doesn't have a phone number. It's "destination station", however, IS open. Ugh, i wish it was there. :( But I'm gonna watch the tracking and if for some reason it suddenly goes to it's "Destination station", i'm gonna call them.
It's frustrating because i know the ADDRESS that it's at right now, and it's MY phone, and i can't go get it. :(
Oh well, looks like i'm looking at Monday.
But did your call work?

Upvote 0
Mine is now "at dest sort facility" in Sac. so I'm not really sure what to do. Do I have to wait until it gets to the local fedex facility?
I don't think I can pick it up today after all, because I have family coming to visit any minute now and the drive to the city is at least 30 mins. away. I may still go depending on what time they leave. And its not open tomorrow.

I just realized though, if I can't get to the fedex facility today, I wont be able to accept the package at all next week. I will be in class from 11 am to 8pm every week day. I don't want the package sitting around by my front door. I'm not really sure what to do...

Upvote 0
Ordered the 15th at 300am est and still no shipping notice. This really blows.....
Ordered on the 15th via phone around 5:15/5:30am CST (I live outside of Memphis, TN) Order number was sent to me just after Noon CST, but no tracking # even after VZN CSR's promised on 2 occasions it would go out overnight on the 15th :mad: Now being told on or before the 23rd, WTF!!!!!!

This is twice now VZN has lied to me first on my Droid Incredible during it's roll out they missed my ship date by 2 weeks and now my replacement Droid X never shipped :mad:
Looks like I will be staying with AT&T and my Bold 9700 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This is twice now VZN has lied to me first on my Droid Incredible during it's roll out they missed my ship date by 2 weeks and now my replacement Droid X never shipped :mad:

I don't believe that the rep intentionally lied to you, they were just misinformed. Reps were being told up till the last minute that the X was shipping on schedule.

Upvote 0
How is it that all these people that ordered their phones after me are getting their shipping confirmations before me? Mine is not even processed yet... I ordered mine at 12:40 AM EST. Does anyone that ordered it using a different Zip Code to find it first get their orders processed yet? Was it full retail?

Did you select the free overnight shipping when you submitted your order? If not, then it's shipping two days. Overnight orders are a higher priority in the system and will ship sooner.

Upvote 0
Ordered the 15th at 300am est and still no shipping notice. This really blows.....

Ordered mine online the 15th at 0645 est and no shipping confirmation for me either. I feel your pain. Yesterday I spoke to CS and said my order wasn't processed till 6 pm on the 15th, so i missed overnight cut-off. Then they said I should get it saturday or monday, i kindly thanked them and hung up knowing I was screwed cause they had already sold out.

Just called CS again today, and was told they are out of stock, but since my order was placed on the 15th i was at top of list. They said anyone ordering on the 16th has been given a ship by date of 7/27th, and anyone who ordered on the 15th will get their phones first, sometime before the 27th. She assured me I would have the X this coming week, but couldn't give a ballpark date.

Now just have to wait patiently.... something I suck at doing.

Upvote 0
My anger is certainly directed at the company. Verizon should not put their people in a position where they cannot satisfy their customers. Verizon should not let their reps promise something they may not be able to deliver. If they do miss a promise, they should have a procedure in place to offer the customer something that will make them feel better. 20% off next months bill, six month earlier upgrade for one of your lines, free use of another phone until your comes in, SOMETHING. Don't make your customer spend ten hours of their life going through a maze of your construction and then spit them out on the other end with nothing but broken promises. Bad business plan. In my area, the local Verizon store is a little like going down the the social assistance office. Long lines of angry and disgruntled people. The Sprint store is far more cheery with quicker service (maybe because they suck and have no customers). Either way I will evaluate both phones over the next few weeks and see how they do in direct comparison with each other. I see the point about leaving Verizon after twenty years, but why would Verizon let me leave after twenty years. They were happy to kiss me off, why should it not go the other way? " I'm sorry sir but there is nothing I can do for you" all while my shipment had alreadt been picked up by FedEx. What a waste of our time and creation of bad feelings. The launch/delivery system is failing Verizon and their lifelong customers. Time to get aggressive and change the system to keep customers seeing bid red as good and not seeing just red.

Upvote 0
Mine is now "at dest sort facility" in Sac. so I'm not really sure what to do. Do I have to wait until it gets to the local fedex facility?
I don't think I can pick it up today after all, because I have family coming to visit any minute now and the drive to the city is at least 30 mins. away. I may still go depending on what time they leave. And its not open tomorrow.

I just realized though, if I can't get to the fedex facility today, I wont be able to accept the package at all next week. I will be in class from 11 am to 8pm every week day. I don't want the package sitting around by my front door. I'm not really sure what to do...

Did you call the office that the guy told you it'd be at?

Upvote 0
Ordered on the 15th via phone around 5:15/5:30am CST (I live outside of Memphis, TN) Order number was sent to me just after Noon CST, but no tracking # even after VZN CSR's promised on 2 occasions it would go out overnight on the 15th :mad: Now being told on or before the 23rd, WTF!!!!!!

Due to a mixup with Wireless Zone, I had to call Verizon yesterday (7/16) around 1pm, and the Rep let me order one right on the phone there. She said it would ship out that day, and gave me an order #.

I waited, and no e-mail or anything came in. So around 7pm, I called Verizon back. Got in touch with a CSR and she looked up my account info. She said my Droid X went out already, and that it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. She apologized that I did not get an e-mail, but she instantly sent me a text message containing the tracking number.

It left Memphis overnight, and seems to be on schedule for Tusday.

I suggest giving them a call to see if maybe it did ship, and they forgot to notify you.

Reactions: rmreid
Upvote 0
Due to a mixup with Wireless Zone, I had to call Verizon yesterday (7/16) around 1pm, and the Rep let me order one right on the phone there. She said it would ship out that day, and gave me an order #.

I waited, and no e-mail or anything came in. So around 7pm, I called Verizon back. Got in touch with a CSR and she looked up my account info. She said my Droid X went out already, and that it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. She apologized that I did not get an e-mail, but she instantly sent me a text message containing the tracking number.

It left Memphis overnight, and seems to be on schedule for Tuesday.

I suggest giving them a call to see if maybe it did ship, and they forgot to notify you.

I've called twice today as well as yesterday and not one CSR or Supervisor said anything different; they can see my order but no tracking number or proof that it has shipped ... at this point all they say is that it should be on or before the 23rd which really ticks me off - I'm tired of miss information which started when I ordered my Incredible and they missed the ship date by 2 weeks.....

Upvote 0
Well, just got great news. CS says the lying sales lady never put the order in until the 16th. (She said she entered it the night of the 14th. So, now I am one of the lucky 7/27ers. And I thought the 23rd was bad. This gets worse by the day. I've been waiting since the end of May for a phone. Now I get to keep waiting till August.

Upvote 0

I finally spoke to someone who had a clue. Some people's orders, as we know, got stuck. Those orders were split up and assigned to people. They then processed them. I ordered mine at 2:38 am 7/15. I was told I would now get mine 7/21 as opposed to 7/23.

I have not received shipping notification yet.

I was at a verizon store yesterday and the sales rep said Motorola is on a 24 hour turn around to get the devices to Verizon. It will not be an HTC debacle. There is going to be some fierce competition between HTC & Motorola, which is good for all of us.

Reactions: Magic Angle
Upvote 0
Completed my order by phone on Thursday morning and was "assured" by the sales rep that I would receive it by 3pm Friday. Called Friday and they blamed it on FedEx for picking up late. So now my order is due on Monday afternoon. :mad:
I did get a tracking number and my order is at the local facility, but I can't get it because it is containerized! I see that some others on here are in the same boat. I guess we'll have another wave of DroidX activations on Monday. Good luck everyone.

Upvote 0
I was at a verizon store yesterday and the sales rep said Motorola is on a 24 hour turn around to get the devices to Verizon. It will not be an HTC debacle. There is going to be some fierce competition between HTC & Motorola, which is good for all of us.

I have been hoping for a quick replenish of stock. Lets hope the rep at the store was right. I am hoping i get my phone on 7/20 or 21, but I feel like no one really knows what the hell is going on.

Upvote 0
I have been hoping for a quick replenish of stock. Lets hope the rep at the store was right. I am hoping i get my phone on 7/20 or 21, but I feel like no one really knows what the hell is going on.

One thing is for sure. I am finished ordering through the internet. I will order in a store or via the telephone. Their online ordering system blows. In addition, many of the people you talk to regarding your order are dopes. I spoke to one lady who could barely pronounce Verizon Wireless.

pathetic!

Upvote 0
Completed my order by phone on Thursday morning and was "assured" by the sales rep that I would receive it by 3pm Friday. Called Friday and they blamed it on FedEx for picking up late. So now my order is due on Monday afternoon. :mad:
I did get a tracking number and my order is at the local facility, but I can't get it because it is containerized! I see that some others on here are in the same boat. I guess we'll have another wave of DroidX activations on Monday. Good luck everyone.
Yep, in the same boat. Pretty frustrating since it's in my city. :( I've called FedEx a few times, hoping for a better answer each time. The first few times, they said that i couldn't get it because it was either a) containerized or b) the place wasn't open today. Then i called around 4:30pm, and the guy told me that i could not go get it BECAUSE THEY CLOSED AT 4:00!!!!! I was like, WTH?! I CALLED WAY BEFORE THEN. LIKE THREE TIMES. But y'know...Whatever. I feel kinda lucky, because they assured me i'd get it on Monday and alot of the people on here aren't getting there's til Wednesday...Friday....etc. So... Yeah. That's my story.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones