• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus v qusetions

i finnally got my opv rooted with gingerbreak.. after 2 days of fails. now im confuzzled on what rom, kernel, and recovery i should use. :thinking: i mostly just want to overclock so itll run smoother. and i need some help with intsalling the rom, kernel, and flashimg a custom recovery. i am a super noob and this is my first time with rootin etc. any help will be appreciated :D

alright i flashed a custom recovery and i attempted to install backside iho rom. worked, untill the android logo froze. so i wiped it and tried again. same thing. so i downloaded another iho rom. same thing. and downloaded another. same thing once again. what is going on!?!?? help pleaseeeee. im usin my phones recovery to flash/ wipe etc. ihorecovery 4.2.0.3 i think?? im getting really irritated and i have a history of throwing phones then regretting it.
help meeee! :( edit: yay I got it! :D turns out I didn't read the part that said I had to format the system, data, and cache. lol fail. I've been skimming through the ohi cm7 rom and this be amazing to the highest maximum possibility. :) YAY! thanks to all that posted on this this thread!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones