• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Partitioning SD card

Gibson SG

Sep 1, 2011
On a phone running Bumblebee Resurrected, I am getting "package file invalid" errors from the Android Market. Rebooting to recovery and clearing cache and dalvik has been fixing the problem. But, I would prefer to not have to do this all the time. Can I partition the SD card to fix this? And can I use the partitioning from in ClockworkMod Recovery to partition?

On a phone running Bumblebee Resurrected, I am getting "package file invalid" errors from the Android Market. Rebooting to recovery and clearing cache and dalvik has been fixing the problem. But, I would prefer to not have to do this all the time. Can I partition the SD card to fix this? And can I use the partitioning from in ClockworkMod Recovery to partition?

Here, try this and tell me if it works:

Try moving and/or deleting the 01mvdalvik file out of init.d, located here: /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik, clear market cache and data, reboot recovery, wipe cache/dalvik_cache, reboot.

This is to fix market^ use "es file explorer" or "root explorer" this goes for ALL roms

Thank BobZhome, not me.....

Usually if you do this once you never get the error again.

Reactions: jasonzech
Upvote 0
Here, try this and tell me if it works:

This is to fix market^ use "es file explorer" or "root explorer" this goes for ALL roms

Thank BobZhome, not me.....

Usually if you do this once you never get the error again.

The only file close to that in /system/etc/init.d is 01dalvik2cache. Is that the file that I need to delete? I'm still a bit of a newb at some of this stuff.

Upvote 0
Before you delete that file do this first:

First go to menu/settings/applications/manage applications/Select the "All" tab/market app/clear cache and data.
Than go to download manager and do the same.

Then open up a terminal emulator and type in this:
su
cd /cache
mv download download.old
mkdir -p /sdcard/cache/download
ln -s /sdcard/cache/download download

EDIT: The l in ln -s /sdcard.......
This is a small L

Then if none of these work do this:
Using a root file manager like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer, move the following file to your sdcard:
/system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik (once moved, go back and check. If it is still there then delete it)
Reboot into recovery, then wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache
Reboot, and then sign back into the Market, and you should now be able to download again (this lowers the amount of internal storage, but so long as you move most apps to the sdcard, it shouldn't be an issue)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones