• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone with cracked screen worth $30?

only thing about keeping it to sell/ use... A lot of times lost/stolen/broken phone ESNs are put on a list so they can't be activated.

that is this "blacklist" we have been talking about.

brockalee - it probably couldn't hurt to hear it directly from the Asurion agent directly instead of this people on the forum since we have conflicting info.

ps. cracked screen is the reason why i went with Black Tie coverage via Best Buy. they cover accidental damage along with water damage, they do not cover lost or stolen (which i am ok with). 0 deductible, but $10/month. and will replace the phone with a brand new one.

Upvote 0
Why's it got to be "black" list?

If you return it, you get to keep the battery atleast but, say you get drunk in vegas and lose the battery case. You'll have an extra back case AND battery (plus a "charger")if you don't. Plus other options. I'd keep it for 30 just in case.

There a time limit on returning it?

Upvote 0
ps. cracked screen is the reason why i went with Black Tie coverage via Best Buy. they cover accidental damage along with water damage, they do not cover lost or stolen (which i am ok with). 0 deductible, but $10/month. and will replace the phone with a brand new one.

This is not totally true. Best Buy will send your phone to their service center, where they will attempt to repair it first. If it cannot be repaired, they will replace it with a new one. The problem is, they will give you a loaner dumb phone, while this process takes place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones