• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*PLEASE HELP!!* Home and search buttons stopped working on rooted LG Optimus US670

j1012la

Lurker
Aug 31, 2012
Hello all,

This is the first time I've ever had to start a thread over phone complications. I have an LG Optimus U US670 with root and one day out of the clear blue my home, search, and lock screen buttons stopped working. The home and search buttons do absolutely nothing but light up when pressed, so I can't have more than 1 program running at once because the only way to get to the home screen is by repeatedly pushing the back button. It used to show me a list of recent apps when long pressing the home button but it doesn't do that anymore either. Another thing I noticed was my lockscreen went missing and the lock/power button will only black the screen or say power off when long pressed. It used to have a list of selections when long pressed. There's been no water or physical damage to the phone, but I was clearing up caches and freeing up memory before it happened so I'm unsure of what I've done wrong. I've tried restarting the phone, removing the battery, etc., but no luck. I was surprised to see how many others who have had the same problem but I've found no solutions. Some have say the issue has something to do with Google and I remembered uninstalling a program connected to the Google play store called Google play services. Im pretty sure the problem didn't exist before that uninstall. Since then, I have reinstalled Google play services and reinstalled the play store but still nothing. I REALLY REALLY do not want to reset my phone if optional. I've read where several people had their phone bricked, or resetting was unsuccessful in resolving the problem. If ANYONE can help me out I would be more than thankful!

This is best to be answered on your device support section, if you want me to move it there let me know.

LG Optimus G
Sub-Forums:
subforum_old.gif
Optimus G - All Things Root

Welcome to the site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones