• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help me with memory

HSoora83

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
On my HTC Desire HD I have 3 email apps. Gmail, Mail for HTC and the standard Mail app from Orange which I have not activated. I have DX Battery Saver installed...when I check what my application power usage it's saying my Mail (the Orange mail app which isn't activated) is using 65%, android system 20%, facebook 3% and so on....how is this? What can I do to reduce this big time??

If an app starts misbehaving, a fairly standard thing to try is clearing its cache and data.

You can do this by going to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> All

Then select the app from the list and clear the cache and data.

I'd also go into the app (I don't have this on my phone, so don't know it) and make sure that it's not set to automatically check for messages.

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
I have 5 email addresses, and it was a pain having different apps for each account. So I setup each address to forward all emails to my gmail address and I set it up to enable me to send emails from any of the addresses, in the gmail app. Therefore I now use one account and one app for 5 email addresses.

You should try this, it should reduce memory usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones