• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help

There is still no definitive proof that your Google One backups aren't working properly. I won't repeat the explanation about backups I wrote previously but in simpler terms, it sounds like Google One is doing what it's supposed to do.

I'll suggest it would be less frustrating to just stop fixating on things that you don't want to educate yourself on how they function. Your assumption that a backup utility should waste time and resources copying data that's already in a previous backup isn't practical. In your case, it's not a reality that all 239 of your apps are being updated and/or altered in between each backup session. So if there's no change with an app that is already in a previous backup, why waste time backing it up again for no reason? Apps that do get updated involve changes in their code base so those should be backed up.
I agree, but the problem with Google one, is that it deletes previous backups. Si I had a successful backup of all of my apps last month, but it deleted it and did another one, which is incomplete.

Upvote 0
I'd stop worrying about how often you restart your phone
Seems he's already done that. So if the problem was that the phone needed to be restarted, that problem likely would have been solved by now.

nor doing a Factory Reset
It's good to do a factory reset once every few years anyway (so long as you have your data properly backed up and all). Errors and problems can build up in the operating system (OS) over time. That's why when someone needs help, my first question is how long it's been since he's reinstalled the OS. If it's about time to reinstall the OS (reset the phone), he may as well do that since it ought to be done anyway. And it might just fix the problem.

In short: When you've run into a computer problem (and smartphones are computers), that's a good excuse to perform routine maintenance. Routine maintenance that ought to be performed anyway is often enough to fix the problem.
and especially not flashing your phone with a new ROM (that's how one installs a new, clean Android operating system).
I would not advise installing a new Android distribution, that is, a custom ROM! Not yet anyway. That's an extreme measure, and it may do far more harm than good.

Upvote 0
There is still no definitive proof that your Google One backups aren't working properly. I won't repeat the explanation about backups I wrote previously but in simpler terms, it sounds like Google One is doing what it's supposed to do.

I'll suggest it would be less frustrating to just stop fixating on things that you don't want to educate yourself on how they function. Your assumption that a backup utility should waste time and resources copying data that's already in a previous backup isn't practical. In your case, it's not a reality that all 239 of your apps are being updated and/or altered in between each backup session. So if there's no change with an app that is already in a previous backup, why waste time backing it up again for no reason? Apps that do get updated involve changes in their code base so those should be backed up.

Wish I could help you, but I can't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones