• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Port) Behold 2 1.6 ( No Twiz w/ Busybox & Rooted Kernel )

i am watching the battery drain, and im not even doing anything on the phone

Same with me. I was full charged ran facebook while charging and then exit out and unplugged it for 5 minutes and came back and it was down a bar on the battery meter. Damn!

Oh and does anyone know how I can get the stock android keyboard? Im not good on swype =/ and better keyboard isn't too good imo.

Upvote 0
Same with me. I was full charged ran facebook while charging and then exit out and unplugged it for 5 minutes and came back and it was down a bar on the battery meter. Damn!

Oh and does anyone know how I can get the stock android keyboard? Im not good on swype =/ and better keyboard isn't too good imo.

Yea I was a tad disappointed to see swype as the only keyboard option when I loaded this ROM. I was expecting the stock keyboard or galaxy one as I've gotten used to and way simpler. Swype has a 'enter' button that's way too big and gets hit all the time. The numbers are annoying to get to as they are jumbled up when you switch to 'character' mode. Any better keyboards or the stock apk would be much appreciated.

I also hate the stock BH2 twizmms because it pops up this idiotic box that disables you from doing anything that says "sending" after each text. The galaxy one would be great here too, simple and effective. I removed the TwizMms.apk from mine and stuck on Handcent at the moment (it's ok, but too much. simple is better). So if anyone can get a hold of a working simple 1.6 mms.apk that would be great too.

Aside from those two, everything else about this rom is just awesome. I'm a tad bugged from the rounded edges in this and the r8 (i like to maximize my screen real estate), but I am sure editting the framework to change the theme up isn't too hard for me to do myself.

All in all, great job BH_Man. Keep up the good work. Donations will be on the way :D.

Upvote 0
Just do the tutorials in Swype, and you'll get past the issues you're having. It just takes a little practice. I've been using it for a few days and I'll never go back to a regular keyboard; this way is so much easier and faster. If you really want to switch to a different one, then someone already posted how to do it. I'm making the switch to this rom in the morning as soon as my phone finishes charging. Thanks again for all of the hard work BH_MAN! I'll definitely be donating soon!

Upvote 0
BHMAN,this rom is almost perfect,except for one thing:when i select wallpapers from photos they come out real grainy and washed out for some reason(quality is really bad),however when i select them from wallpaper gallery they are fine.
I really hope that you keep Swype in next release,Experia clock is nice also,i would be nice to see more X10 apps on bh2,thanx for all the work you put in.

For people that dont like swype,try better keyboard or handcent keyboard(free) both are much better than android stock.

Upvote 0
That is acutally an issue with Advanced Launcher and not this Rom. However there is a way around it, just long press on the desktop, Choose Shortcuts, then choose Anycut/BetterCut... then make your shortcut and it will work.

Did,that already still my shortcuts not showing up.

Nobody here having an issue with your own wallpapers(not the stock ones)
looking really grainy and squared?Man,the quality is real bad,never had that problem with any other rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones