• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

A complete set of Peter and Jane books. :thumbsupdroid:

pj1.jpg

This retails in the UK for £143.64? ... Really? Well I certainly didn't pay that much for it here.

pj2.jpg

Upvote 0
I had to google that... Good grief, I thought bats were expensive when I was buying for my son and he's 41 now. A person almost needs to take out a personal loan to invest these days!
I was trying not to complain about the price, but yeah, it's a wonder why they can't get kids to play ball when by the time you are done with glove, bat, & cleats you are out near a grand. That doesn't even count league fees. :( :mad: At least at this stage it is a multiyear purchase unlike past years.

Upvote 0
I was trying not to complain about the price, but yeah, it's a wonder why they can't get kids to play ball when by the time you are done with glove, bat, & cleats you are out near a grand. That doesn't even count league fees. :( :mad: At least at this stage it is a multiyear purchase unlike past years.
Buying sports equipment has never been cheap. I think my first bat cost $12:) Everything sports related was way expensive by the time my son was playing. And those prices pale in comparison to today's prices... just WoW! You buy the equipment, you pay to play, if you are competitive you do some tourneys... stay over.. eat out... definitely not for shallow pockets. A small price to pay in the scheme of things but I'm certain it eliminates many a fine child from participating. :(

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Buying sports equipment has never been cheap. I think my first bat cost $12:) Everything sports related was way expensive by the time my son was playing. And those prices pale in comparison to today's prices... just WoW! You buy the equipment, you pay to play, if you are competitive you do some tourneys... stay over.. eat out... definitely not for shallow pockets. A small price to pay in the scheme of things but I'm certain it eliminates many a fine child from participating. :(
I am so glad I am a bowler, only cost me around 50 dollars for my bowling ball to be made, as well as fitted with my thumbs and fingers too :)
The uniform shirt I designed myself. That cost nothing :) Just an old white t-shirt had laying around one day. Cleaning cloth I had so many different micro fiber ones, I do not like to take them away from in front of my t.v. set, it looks empty without them laying there to be first place -- and the chalk really helps out me bowling too that was just a small fare. Let see, it only cost around 100 dollars to sign up for the leauge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones