• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

JBLTP-BLK_2048x.png

Upvote 0
Love my e-bike. Great ride with as much effort as you care to put into the journey.

I bought a battery operated string trimmer today. It's a DeWalt 60v 9ah driven tool that accepts other attachments. Naturally, no attachments I wanted were in stock. I want a brush cutter and limb chain saw. Maybe a blower too at some point. I have a gas powered trimmer at my cabin but it's near impossible to start, runs doggy, and my gas goes bad before I get it used up every season.
I'm hoping this is just the right tool to keep down there. I'm quite surprised at the power it has. I'll really be impressed if I can manage the property on one battery charge. :)
images

I also bought a new window AC for my bedroom at the cabin. The old one it's replacing still chills but it fills the room with moisture instead of drying the air. The new one should do a far superior job and be vastly more efficient.

Upvote 0
I bought a new extension ladder. My old ladder lacked the locks to latch onto a step due to being used forever and they broke off. If anyone needs a twenty foot extension ladder that is maxed out at ten foot, boy do I have a deal for you. :) I needed a new ladder to remove the gazillion maple trees that sprouted last week in my gutters.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Love my e-bike. Great ride with as much effort as you care to put into the journey.

I bought a battery operated string trimmer today. It's a DeWalt 60v 9ah driven tool that accepts other attachments. Naturally, no attachments I wanted were in stock. I want a brush cutter and limb chain saw. Maybe a blower too at some point. I have a gas powered trimmer at my cabin but it's near impossible to start, runs doggy, and my gas goes bad before I get it used up every season.
I'm hoping this is just the right tool to keep down there. I'm quite surprised at the power it has. I'll really be impressed if I can manage the property on one battery charge. :)
images

I also bought a new window AC for my bedroom at the cabin. The old one it's replacing still chills but it fills the room with moisture instead of drying the air. The new one should do a far superior job and be vastly more efficient.
My subscription to this thread got messed up. No word of a lie, my wife asked me what I wanted for fathers day and that is the exact thing I told her. Now I just need to give it a week or so until I get it. Like you, I was looking for the simplicity of eliminating a 2-stroke motor that is always finicky.

Upvote 0
My subscription to this thread got messed up. No word of a lie, my wife asked me what I wanted for fathers day and that is the exact thing I told her. Now I just need to give it a week or so until I get it. Like you, I was looking for the simplicity of eliminating a 2-stroke motor that is always finicky.
I think you'll be pleased with a battery op trimmer. I was super impressed with the DeWalt model I got. I trimmed around the cabin, my trailer, the fire pit, and all of the trees and still had lots of battery life remaining. Keep in mind I had serious growth to cut being as it was not trimmed at the end of last summer until Memorial weekend. I then put a friends blade attachment on the DeWalt and proceeded to cut the hundreds of five foot saplings down that had grown up in what I call the lagoon. (no idea what the area is but perfectly round and full of flora) I was over half way though the trees when I realized the guy had put the blade on backwards. :) I ran out of battery just short of finishing the project. That much work will never be asked of a single charge again. I was blown away with the battery life.

Upvote 0
The wife and I re-upped our subscription to the Reading Symphony for the 2021-2022 season. Because of COVID and no 20/21 season a lot of current patrons let their long standing seats lapse so we were able to snag some most excellent seats. Center front balcony. You usually have to wait for someone to die to get these and then be lucky enough to get them before some insider gobbles them up. As long as they don't pull some "give them back to previous patrons" bull$h!t, we are going to keep these for a long LONG time. :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
I had to replace my old PC keyboard today. The Z, C, and return/enter keys were non responsive today. It was a sad deal to lose such an old friend. Most all of the print on the keys were worn off to give you an idea of its age. I've typed on a split keyboard forever and they are getting harder to find all of the time. None were to be found locally so I had to run to the Best Buy in the city for a replacement. It's not the board I had but close enough that I can type on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones