• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Not sure I'm going to keep it. I was hoping for more lumbar. Mine is a red (wine) color and it has a foot rest ring.
Crandall-Office-Remanufactured-Steelcase-462-V2-Leap-Chair-Platinum-01.jpg

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
There are malls in Las Vegas? I'm surprised the concept even lives on today. Around Kentucky and many areas of the U.S., the last thing with the name 'mall' in it that's open has a ton of booths and a lot of cheap, often vintage stuff.

The original malls, the likes of which were large indoor buildings complete with names such as "Bradlee's, JC Penney, Sears, Montgomery Ward, and Osco Drugstore" have become largely forgotten as of the late 1980s.

Upvote 0
also spelled 'traveling' wrong. nice.
My friends at Miriam-Webster say: When it comes to spelling the forms of the verb travel, traveled and traveling are more common in the U.S., and travelled and travelling are dominant everywhere else.

Upvote 0
The spelling tends to vary based on whether you're writing UK or US English: In UK English, “travelling” (double “l”) is standard. In US English, “traveling” (one “l”) is correct.
Yes, the odd thing is that travel -> travelled, travelling are actually exceptions to the normal rules about when you double a consonant (double it for single syllable words or where the last syllable is emphasised, neither of which applies here). So the US practice for this word is arguably more regular than the British one, but whichever side of the Pond you are on English is a mess of exceptions anyway. ;)

A US guy can't help but take note of posts from @Hadron. Always helpful and informative with some words correctly spelled but differently than the US version. From across the pond, I'm sure he shakes his head at the slaughter of his English.
Meh, everyone slaughters language in one way or another. It's your date format I can't handle ;)

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Ah, another for the 'Worst places to put a QR code' list, topping 'billboards', we have one inside an app, which defeats the point of a QR code as you'd be using the phone that you'd be scanning it with to view said app, making it pointless.

The QR is for anyone who sees it. If scanned it goes to the Ctrip website and if one books a flight, train, or hotel via the link, I get a bonus. :thumbsupdroid:

also spelled 'traveling' wrong. nice.

It's correct. I'm British, NOT American :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Discovering my old Kodak EasyShare DX7440 4.0 MP digital camera still works despite being idle with a dead battery pack since Daisy died in early 2013, I managed to use it to snap today's vintage find. My laptop can read SD cards.

Today found a new-in-box Kmart radio, AM only, with the original price tag with the S.S. Kresge logo. Given this had both the SSK as well as Kmart logos, it dates this to around late '60s to very early '70s. Still works too. I lament Kmart dying off while Walmart with its crimes manages to live on, so I buy any item bearing their logo. Not that anything Kmart branded survived much. Seriously even Office Depot thrives, despite walking into one feels like walking into the year 1997 again, and it's a ghost town just as Kmart was, but survives. How does that work?
100_1257.JPG

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones