• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Let's try this again. Can you all see the pic? This should be here today. Love the Misfit Flash so far, & for $20 it's a great way to start using a fitness tracker.

1461752695275.jpg

Upvote 0
I haven't worn a watch in years, I think I might still have one... somewhere?

When I'm at work, I look at the clock in the lower right corner of my PC or look at my phone if I'm outside for a walk. A couple of my coworkers have actually brought clocks from home that they hung on the wall in their cubicles, but my job has me working at my computer 90% of the time, so the clock is always in my view. I don't need no stinkin' watch! :D

Upvote 0
Here's a couple, I actually got The Force Awakens on release day, just forgot to post it till today. The other ... new Batmobile (BVS style) I picked up last night at Wal-Mart whilst getting cat litter and a few other misc necessities. (I opted not to post a picture of cat litter, toothpaste, shaving cream and Q-tips. Cause you know, who cares.) :rolleyes: The new Batmobile is 3 times bigger than my gifted one (at least 4 inches long) and very detailed. Nice for 5 bucks.

IMG_20160415_182619.jpg
IMG_20160428_094152.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just found a deal for a Samsung Qi Wireless Charger for $20! My Moto X Pure doesn't have wireless charging, but my Note 6 is expected to. I ordered two of them :D

That's certainly cheap if it's OEM, but is it the standard type or the newer fast-charging one? The Note 6 will have the fast wireless charging and you need the appropriate charging base to take advantage of that, a standard one will charge at the slower rate only.

Upvote 0
That's certainly cheap if it's OEM, but is it the standard type or the newer fast-charging one? The Note 6 will have the fast wireless charging and you need the appropriate charging base to take advantage of that, a standard one will charge at the slower rate only.

Good point and I can't tell you. I'll keep one at the desk and one at bedside. No real need to spend $100 on fast charge if I don't really need it :)

Upvote 0
Good point and I can't tell you. I'll keep one at the desk and one at bedside. No real need to spend $100 on fast charge if I don't really need it :)
Well my best WAG is that if they're OEM Samsung at that price they're probably the older slow-charge ones on a closeout, I'd expect the fast-charge ones to cost a lot more and not be discounted that heavily.
I have standard ones for my S5 which doesn't support fast-charge anyway, they're cheap knockoffs but work very well. Charge rate is about 6-700ma which I find to be adequate, especially since my phone is on charge a lot and the battery never gets very low. The slower charge rate is actually better for the long-term health of the battery.

Upvote 0
Well my best WAG is that if they're OEM Samsung at that price they're probably the older slow-charge ones on a closeout, I'd expect the fast-charge ones to cost a lot more and not be discounted that heavily.

They are Samsung refurbished chargers. Whether or not they're fast charge is less of a priority to me than the fact that they're OEM. I KNOW they'll work.

Now watch: with my luck, the Note 6 come out without wireless charging :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
They are Samsung refurbished chargers. Whether or not they're fast charge is less of a priority to me than the fact that they're OEM. I KNOW they'll work.

Now watch: with my luck, the Note 6 come out without wireless charging :rolleyes:

That's not likely, and would be pretty stupid on Samsung's part. You don't remove features like that in a newer model. Of course it wouldn't be the first time-
Just be careful if you're planning to put the phone in a case. A very thick case (i.e. Otter or similar) may exceed the maximum gap for the wireless to work properly. Same goes if there is any metal in it that would block the conduction between the coil in the phone and the charging base.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones