• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Upvote 0
IMG_20161209_195144.jpg

Upvote 0
I have lived to tell the tale but yes... gifting first had grave consequences. She always had the upper hand most all of my life. Being my senior left me the victim more often than not. Only now that we are both seniors does being the junior by four years have an advantage. I remind her often that she is my OLDER sister. ;)

Upvote 0
shrimp-snow-peas-a.jpg

Nothing special about ordering Chinese takeout except it was because a Friend of mine I haven seen in 10 years ... and have known since grade school ... was in the area and stopped by for what turned out to be 8 hours of catching up. :D

We needed a little fuel as it were. :D :D

Upvote 0
My daughter and I both hate the Kindle Fire devices.
they are painfully slow, won't do anything we want them to do.

Amazon insists that they download huge gigabytes of crap that we don't want on them.
all we want is the books that we are reading, not the whole damn entire library that
"can be bought"..... useless toys for use, the only thing they are useful for now is to watch Netflix.

We now do all of our book reading on a laptop, or our cellphones.

I have the original Kindle Paperwhite, and it is still the neatest and the best of the whole damn crop of Kindles.... all it has is books, period!!!
I can turn the WiFi off and not be bothered with all those updates for different things that I will never allow to download...

we get the books we want off of the 'free books' list, or thru the Unlimited Books account and send them direct to the device we want it on... this we do with our laptops... never with the Kindle itself. their search feature is so damn slow, it is also useless.

Upvote 0
now, the reason I came here today.

I have been babysitting my wife in hospitals since August 19th, of this year.... she still has weeks to go before she will be allowed to put any weight on her only remaining foot....

the little roll around food trays are not a safe computer desk, but it is all I have.... I have dumped my laptop on the floor once, it survived. the mouse did not... it died an ugly death.

so, today, I went over to Best Buy and came home with a new LogiTech MK530 keyboard and mouse combo for $35 bux. great keyboard, and a great mouse.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-mk530-advanced-wireless-keyboard-and-optical-mouse/5106401.p

Upvote 0
BTW,I never thought this thread would ever take off like it has,Thanks to everyone that is posting in here.
:D :) :D :) :D

I'm not surprised. People are proud of what they purchase, with their hard earned cash. And why not?

As an optional add-on, it would be interesting if people could post a little review of their item, sort of like pros and cons, or what pleased them about it. Wouldn't it be nice to read some good honest product reviews that you can trust? ;)

Reactions: AMOCO
Upvote 0
I bought three Google Homes to replace our Alexa ecosystem. BIG MISTAKE. Google Home is half-baked and definitely not ready for prime time. Back to the store with all three, and back to Alexa.

I also picked up a wireless charging coil for my Note 4 but I'm having a devil of a time with it.

:(

EDIT: Sending the coil back, too. No NFC and it makes my phone super-hot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
12000mah power bank by Bavin. Able to give 2 full charges to my S7E, which is correct after computing for conversion. Also, it comes with a freakin 3 year warranty, replacement guaranteed. What powerbank gives you that? Even OEM ones from Asus and Samsung only give you 6mos to 1 year. And it only cost an equivalent of $25.

1482151929520.jpeg

Upvote 0
Did a sideways upgrade on the PC- new case. Been looking at the Fractal Design Define cases for a while and Newegg did a 1-day sale on the Define Mini last week for a price I couldn't resist ($69 w/$10 rebate) so I pulled the trigger.

11-352-011-18.jpg

Full specs here for anyone interested-
https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16811352011

Upvote 0
A year of VPN subscription. ExpressVPN, $99 for one year, unlimited data, up to three computers or devices simultaneously connected, guaranteed to work in China. :thumbsupdroid:

vpn.jpg

...and if it works in the PRC, it will certainly work in the UK and just about anywhere else for accessing banned and censored websites. And definitely recommended for any open unencrypted WiFi.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones