• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power Button NOT Working

angelicam

Lurker
Aug 19, 2012
For some odd reason my power button is not working. The only way for me to look at things on a screen is to plug it into my charger. I have already tried a factory reset as well as updating my phone's profile as mentioned online but still nothing. What else can I do? Is my only option now to take it to my sprint store and get it replaced?

For some odd reason my power button is not working. The only way for me to look at things on a screen is to plug it into my charger. I have already tried a factory reset as well as updating my phone's profile as mentioned online but still nothing. What else can I do? Is my only option now to take it to my sprint store and get it replaced?

It's probably your best bet. :)

Upvote 0

Dang Angelica, i think i saw your post on gottamobile, my Epic 4GT JUST started actin up...CRAZY random resets and the Power Button does NOT seem to be working, I'm running a custom ROM tho (Calkulin's 1.6 ICS) are you runnin stock? I was thinking of going back to normal mortal but if you've got a stock system and still having the same problem....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones