• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem since or before I rooted phone

techmanc

Jan 13, 2013
Hi
This my first post and I am having problem with my Boost G2 phone recently purchased. First thing I remember trying to do was use kies to sync my outlook contacts and couldn't get the USB driver working and kies would not recognize my phone. I also rooted the phone and and it seemed to work ok as it had odin installed and I could install programs that required root. But when I hook phone up to USB iit install the install driver under Android Devices but I also see a other device showing in device manager with this text "47410ecb936da2a" which I an guessing that not all of the driver is working. I just wanted to use the phone rooted with a JB install. also today iI found out a ota update to update to the phone "D710FL24" wont install It reboots with some kind of error screen then I have to reboot from odin menu. Sorry if I made my explanation hard to read or with errors but this is mostly all new to me.

1. The FL24 error is prolly do to your rooting the S2, offhand I am not sure as I am running a custom ROM.

Yes I just read that in another thread that wont update with rooted phone

2. I always recommend creating a unique Gmail account to store your contacts and calender then sync everytime you make a change. A new Gmail account is free and can be a lifesaver.

I did end up doing that as I have a gmail acct and it worked great
Exported Outlook pst file to csv and then imported with gmail

3. What OS do you have Kies on?

Using Window 7 64bit

If I dont need the USB driver I looking for a good Stable Jelly Bean I can copy to my sd card and installed any recommendations. Or should I wait until its released by Samsung Officially?

Upvote 0
Using Window 7 64bit

If I dont need the USB driver I looking for a good Stable Jelly Bean I can copy to my sd card and installed any recommendations. Or should I wait until its released by Samsung Officially?

I am running a slightly modified version of 'stock' (unreleased as of yet):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2059714

You will need to get Kies running, then flash from Odin.

Offhand I do not know what is causing your Kies error. Try uninstalling Kies, rebooting your PC, Reinstalling Kies (from the Samsung website) then rebooting your PC again.

Upvote 0
Well I got Kies working after reading this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1997915 with some following changes.

plug.png
Fix For ANNOYING Device Hardware ID Missing
. Uninstall any previous instance of Kies/USB driver
2. Download the latest Kies, specific to your S3.
3. Download Samsung USB drivers 1.4.6.0 (I've tried newer versions but they all failed)
4. REBOOT
5. Disconnect from internet (VERY IMPORTANT!!! - forcing Windows to install local drivers ONLY)
6. With the phone disconnected, install Kies + USB drivers downloaded in steps 2,3
7. Connect the phone and let Windows install the drivers.
8. Reestablish the internet connection.

I just d/l the 1.4.60 driver and uninstall the driver I had been and replaced it. Also I disable my internet connection but I dont know if If it was needed. I didnt even reboot between driver installs and it working now.
So my question I got the rom you posted. How do I use kies to install it or what kies needed for?

Reactions: kevincott
Upvote 0
Now you can use odin to install it. Odin 1 clicks are nice. Or you can go into recovery to install it. You didn't use the abuse exploit to root right? If no then then you have a custom recovery. And you can also flash roms using zip files.

There are instructions in the root guide on how to use Odin. You use a rom tar format the same as you did agats kernel before flashing superuser

Upvote 0
Now you can use odin to install it. Odin 1 clicks are nice. Or you can go into recovery to install it. You didn't use the abuse exploit to root right? If no then then you have a custom recovery. And you can also flash roms using zip files.

There are instructions in the root guide on how to use Odin. You use a rom tar format the same as you did agats kernel before flashing superuser

K I will use odin to install and dont know what abuse exploit is so dont thin I did that. If I install a rom with jelly bean will it wipe my data I have now and how should I backup/restore them? Also I have a 64gb SD card should I remove it before I flash?

Upvote 0
Those are zips. You cannot use odin on them. You have to flash them. You also need fl16 repack.tar and el26 kernel found in the kernel repository. You need to odin el26 kernel. Then boot into recovery, your phone will not boot after installing el26. Only into the recovery of that kernel!! Dont worry. Once in recovery wipe data. Then wipe cache then under advanced wipe dalvik cache. flash the fl16 modem then the rom. Then boot the phone. And it will take awhile to boot dont worry

The stock kernel and fl16 repack are just good to keep on your sd card. . Do not flash it in el26 recovery. Flashing the rom will install the kernel

THESE LEAKED ROMS DONT HAVE A RECOVERY!! THATS WHAT THE REPACK IS BUT IT HAD BUGS. YOU HAVE TO ODIN OR MOBILE ODIN THE REPACK SO YOU HAVE A RECOVERY TO FLASH ZIPS THEN FLASH THE STOCK KERNEL...

Here is a link to get the el26 one click odin kernel.. you just Have to run the exe not use regular odin. It has a built in odin

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1662295

Id suggest trying a aosp rom and getting used to flashing because they are less demanding and have a recovery

Upvote 0
I have heard of a mod to get 64gb sd cards to read but it can F*$@ up the sd card fast. Our phone is not capable of handling it honestly, best to stick with a 32gb.

I read a thread some time ago that said people were using this sdcard with no problems and so far I had none. It shows the full amount of the cards size so I will try it out. Also I will make Backups of the card just in case it fails. I want to be able to carry some files I can use like a USB drive so I will eventually use a lot space.

Link of card I am using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH6JS/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00

Upvote 0
This is the one id suggest trying. You need to download 4 files. Rom, gapps, and inverted play store. And el26 kernel found in the kernel repository. Just read install instructions and follow them

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2123198

[ROM] [4.2.1] [unofficial] BAKED blackbean-7 [2/2/13]

Well i just tried this setup and I got kernel installed and when I tried to install the ROM i got and error say something aborted install EPIC4G not compatible. Luckily I was able to reinstall the agat kernel and having made a backup with MyBackup Pro I think I was able to restore all the data at least it looks intact atm. So I checked to see if the ROM was corrupted to cause a problem but it seems fine. So I not sure why it didnt install. Is there any ROMS I can install the use the agart kernel that JB based?

Upvote 0
Here grab the stock-el26 zip
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2077277

Make sure you have all the files for black bean on your phone.

Now boot into recovery. Install zip from SD the el26 kernel....

Now hit advanced and reboot recovery.

When it reboots you will notice its not the same recovery. Now wipe data/factory reset. Then wipe cache. Then under advanced wipe dalvic cache.

Now flash baked black bean ROM.
Then flash gapps.

Now boot the phone. Just be patient first boot takes awhile

After setting up phone boot into recovery again and flash the inverted play store Zip and then boot phone

Now all done!

Upvote 0
Here grab the stock-el26 zip
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2077277

Make sure you have all the files for black bean on your phone.

Now boot into recovery. Install zip from SD the el26 kernel....

Now hit advanced and reboot recovery.

When it reboots you will notice its not the same recovery. Now wipe data/factory reset. Then wipe cache. Then under advanced wipe dalvic cache.

Now flash baked black bean ROM.
Then flash gapps.

Now boot the phone. Just be patient first boot takes awhile

After setting up phone boot into recovery again and flash the inverted play store Zip and then boot phone

Now all done!

Upvote 0
Lol. Yeah I had that problem the other day trying to get on a new Paranoid android ROM.. Your download is not bad. I was told to flash a JB touch wiz rom then try again. And it worked

I thinks its because the android 4.2 ROMs are trying to up update from a jb Rom.. So what you do now is up to you. Sorry didn't realize that ROM had that issue. Wish you would have mentioned status 7 error earlier:p

Upvote 0
I suggest this one. After your on it u can go to the new aosp ROMs like black bean. This is a stock tw based ROM with lots of tweaks theming and ports from the galaxy s3. Also many flashable mods available.
Be patient we'll get you on a good ROM. Practice makes perfect and mistakes give u experience and knowledge that you can share with others
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2025466

Reactions: techmanc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones