• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with i7500 not loading images.

seeanimal

Lurker
Sep 19, 2009
Originally posted accidentally in 'introductions'. My bad. Quote:

"i7500 refuses to load images. That sounded a little bombastic, sorry.
My O2 UK i7500 will not load pictures from the gallery, when changing wallpapers (I basically can't), Picture Frames widget, even Astro's built in viewer returns a message "(whichever activity) in (application whichever -usu. camera?) has stopped responding." Force close.

Baseband I7500XXIH6

Kernel 2.6.27 hudson@andy#1

Build 76XXCSDCBALUM6375

Any ideas much appreciated! I suspect I may require some sort of firmware update, amirite? I'm a complete novice to Android.

EDIT: Should mention that I've been lurking on this problem a wee bit, and the only similar problem was solved by installing a different SD. I've done that, still no luck :("

Hi all, Just a quick bump to see if anyone else encounters this problem?

As an update, I've just took the leap in updating the firmware to II5, with love to all on the forum who've made using Odin crystal clear. (**** NPS, the piece of crapware)

The whole phone's much more responsive, but the problem persists.

When looking specifically at images in the gallery (ones downloaded onto the phone), NOT when using the camera gallery, from where I can use photos as wallpaper and see all the images I've taken, easy as.

Hey ho *sighs* ;) Pick a geekphone, you expect hiccups.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones