• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with flashing Zenithink ZT-180

Andy4040

Lurker
Dec 29, 2010
Hi all,
in need of some help recently bought this 10in zenithink zt-180 pad, for some reason it stopped working, apperently it needed the firmware updating,which i did,it was working ok but would not seek wifi connections,so was informed to re install the firmware again, did this now all it does is boot up to the point of where android is written on the screen,it does not seem to go into flash mode now because when you start the firmware update,the epad icon comeson straight away,its bloody crap in my opinion,but i am in no way an expert,any help apprieciated.

Welcome to the forums, Andy.

Many Android based devices are reported to behave as you describe following an update or firmware flash.

Some remedies include rebooting (sometimes several times until success is achieved), live battery pull (with the device on, remove the battery, hold out for a minute or more, then replace), and factory data reset.

Hopefully others will chime in here, as I'm not yet sure how to get into recovery mode on the Zenithink (looking around now).

Upvote 0
i got my zt180 yesterday. it was working fine until i installed the pinball app from market place. The tablet froze after installing. I powered it off but when it rebooted the touchscreen was inverted from the display i.e. if you touched the top right of the screen, the bottom left would activate. I tried to reflash using the video tutorial from the zenithink website but the burntool app just loops around with the following message -
update pipe state 0x 1000000 1
i'm about ready to launch it out of the window !
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hi there, I am new to all of this and have spent hours trying to understand what I am doing. My ZT180 has come up with an error message saying UID's are inconsistent. I have discovered that I need to flash it but every link I find mentioned is broken.
Please can I have an idiots guide to a) find the latest firmware and b) what to do when I have found it!!
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi all,
in need of some help recently bought this 10in zenithink zt-180 pad, for some reason it stopped working, apperently it needed the firmware updating,which i did,it was working ok but would not seek wifi connections,so was informed to re install the firmware again, did this now all it does is boot up to the point of where android is written on the screen,it does not seem to go into flash mode now because when you start the firmware update,the epad icon comeson straight away,its bloody crap in my opinion,but i am in no way an expert,any help apprieciated.

I had same problem today and overcame this by 1) connecting to the mains supply 2) Holding down to power off button for 10 seconds 3) Boot up 4) Holding down the power button as 2) above 5) Boot up > it then worked as before.
I also had problems in updating the firmware, found ibeau.net and their site worked faster and less of a hassle than zenithink.us.
Hoped this helps ( I am a novice to Android, had my ZT for just 14 days and love it)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones