• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problems with gba emulator, please help!

DJesse

Lurker
Feb 19, 2012
hey, with my sony ericsson i download gameboid with my browser because its not in the market anymore. i have also the bios file, but when i want to open a rom with it(example: p'mon fire red) my screen is going black and turned back to the screen where i can choose one of my downloaded roms and with the words:gameboid is running' but it isnt running, i just cant open it!

can anyone help me please? the most games i like are that of gameboys so i really want it to work =P

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds frustrating. You have to be careful about things removed from the Market. Sideloading removed apps is the number one way to get malware on your Android - bad guys know that those apps make good targets.

Please always consider doing a malware scan of your phone if you're going to go that route.

The reason that the game roms can be hard to find and indeed are found on odd sites is that they violate copyrights, and here in the USA, that's serious and getting seriouser (as they say on South Park).

So I have to ask that we have no discussion about where or how to get roms, as copyright infringement is a matter of law. Sorry to be that guy, but it just is what it is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones