• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Promlems with Samsung Kies

marsb27

Lurker
Jun 9, 2011
Hi all,
I've just bought my first android phone, a Samsung Galaxy Ace.
I'm trying to transfer files from my PC to my phone, but my PC doesn't recognize my phone. I read in another forum that I have to download Kies, so I did !

Kies downloaded successfully and it seemed to install successfully also, the problem occurred when i tried to open Kies. Every time I try to open Kies, it tells me 'Kies has stopped working.. problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'

I'm running Windows Vista. So far I have found no solution to the problem, I have uninstalled and re-installed Kies many time now and I'm starting to get tired of it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Ifound a fix for win 7 64 bit worked for me.
I installed the new version of kies but the computer would not recognise the phone anymore also the drivers wouldn't load.
And when i tried to run kies it would say kies has stopped working.
I tried every thing and was about to give up until i decided to type kiesdriverinstaller in to the start box then clicked on the kiesdeviceinstaller option that popped up in the list of the start menu.
Then i waited 2 mins ans typed kies into the start menu and hit the kies option to open it and it worked!
Now i can open kies from the desktop shortcut icon.
Kies still wont connect my phone though
EDIT: i fixed it by unmounting the external sd card now it connects

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Android Forums.

First thing to do is go to menu>settings>applications>USB Settings (if that option is there) and change the connection method from Kies mode to prompt on connection (Forgive me if the terminology isn't accurate, I'm trying to do this from memory as I don't have my Samsung phone with me at the moment.). That way when you plug your phone in, you'll get the option to connect as either Kies mode (for system updates) or mass storage (for file transfer).

Then to get Kies to run properly, you have to run it as an administrator. Right click the icon and select run as administrator.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Android Forums.

First thing to do is go to menu>settings>applications>USB Settings (if that option is there) and change the connection method from Kies mode to prompt on connection (Forgive me if the terminology isn't accurate, I'm trying to do this from memory as I don't have my Samsung phone with me at the moment.). That way when you plug your phone in, you'll get the option to connect as either Kies mode (for system updates) or mass storage (for file transfer).

Then to get Kies to run properly, you have to run it as an administrator. Right click the icon and select run as administrator.

first of all thanks for the reply but its fixed now (see edit) in my usb settings there was no "ask on connection" option i dont know why.
thats why i had trouble following other peoples posts.
all i had to do in the end was unmount the external sd card and it connected.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
first of all thanks for the reply but its fixed now (see edit) in my usb settings there was no "ask on connection" option i dont know why.
thats why i had trouble following other peoples posts.
all i had to do in the end was unmount the external sd card and it connected.

Thanks for posting your solution. One of my gripes with Samsung is they shift the menu options around, even on their own phones so people like me with a Galaxy S can't always help Galaxy Ace owners. Now, because of your consideration, I have one more correct answer to add to my arsenal.

Thank you again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones