• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about iHeart radio

stlcity

Nov 25, 2009
I am from the burgh. Was in the "city of brotherly love" over the holiday weekend. When in Philly I tuned into the Fox Sports radio 970 and WDVE 102.5 on Sunday in an attempt to catch the live broadcast of the steelers/ravens game. These two stations routinely carry the live broadcast of the Steeler games in the Pittsburgh market. But all I got was some sort of national stream. I was wondering if anyone has an idea why that happened?:thinking:

the only way you will hear the game is if you are on the actual radio within the station broadcast radio. when they stream it on the internet it is blocked. mostly because of the NFL, they have there own online radio service that you have to pay for. same with mlb

So ur saying that if I leave the city of Pittsburgh there is no way to get the live broadcast of any games unless I have some sort of subscriptions service like sirius??(NfLs contractual obligations eh?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones