• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

And if it doesn't meet the collective standards, then we stop trusting them... semantics. Oh well, this thirty year-old argument has no solution.

That's just a BS-y way of saying you dont trust them to be competent.

Such cynicism... Granted, when Reagan said it, neither the Soviet Union nor the US trusted the other (for good reasons) and the phrase was largely rhetoric.

In my case, however, I do trust the contractor to do good work, and they do know what the standards are. My job is to make sure that those standards are maintained throughout the project. So, despite the political baggage behind the statement, my position holds.

Upvote 0
...except last night and tonight. Doctor's orders. Proving to myself that I'm not an alky.
I had some bourbon for you last night and will happily have more tonight if it will help you out :D I do have scotch if you (we) prefer.
Great to see baseball scores again.
Go Boston!

Upvote 0
Not using that, don't think this teacher's stomach could handle it.

barbie.jpg

Upvote 0
So I heard it's take your action figure to work day today? On Twitter and Instagram (#AFWD2016) .... Honestly I thought everyday was action figure at work day. I am just that much of a geek I guess. I always have these guys up - one was found in a parking lot by a coworker some years back and they thought I should have him (motorcycle rider Spidey) and Well the Arkham Origins Batman was a gift from my loving wife - she found him at CVS when she was picking up scripts last summer. The are my totems, my harbingers of goodness.
88a1b7f0-285e-4951-8c63-c2001a835fbe.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones