• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

laughinghard

Upvote 0
Moving just sucks, but I took my time of getting everything back to my house today, it a few hours of getting everything just organized for my newest project, of having to put up the paintings up as well as finding a decent clock to match my walls..

Still feels safe and sound at my house, yay, my p.c. does not take a half hour to load yay...

Upvote 0
I simply hate the electronics of newer autos. After driving my wife's 2020 Jeep home from the body shop, I went to drive it today to do some shopping. It would not start showing an error that the park system needed maintenance. I came in and googled the problem and there is ultimately zero owner reset for the malfunction. Naturally, it is parked directly behind our other vehicle so neither auto is useable. My son came over and tried his hand at starting it without being able to skirt the error. We then attempted to push the Jeep into the street only to find the park break is engaged and there is no way to disengage it. All electronics related that either the body shop messed up or the sub zero weather. It's under warranty so it is being towed to a dealership tomorrow AM. That doesn't correct the fact that the electronic break has completely disabled the vehicle and to my knowledge has never been turned on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
I simply hate the electronics of newer autos. After driving my wife's 2020 Jeep home from the body shop, I went to drive it today to do some shopping. It would not start showing an error that the park system needed maintenance. I came in and googled the problem and there is ultimately zero owner reset for the malfunction. Naturally, it is parked directly behind our other vehicle so neither auto is useable. My son came over and tried his hand at starting it without being to skirt the error.
Wen then attempted to push the Jeep into the street only to find the park break is engaged and there is no way to disengage it. All electronics related that either the body shop messed up or the sub zero weather. It's under warranty so it is being towed to a dealership tomorrow AM. That doesn't correct the fact that the electronic break has completely disabled the vehicle and to my knowledge has never been turned on.
i don't want any modern vehicle. Even my 2005 Saturn is an uncomfortable pile of silver-highlighted crap.

Is it so hard to find just ONE 1978 Lincoln Continental out there? Or even a '89 LeSabre? I hate Obama for killing every unique vehicle left with his stupid 'cash for clunkers'. All I want is a vehicle that's fully analog and has a soft, plush ride for those long trips.

Pretty telling when the junkyard has vehicles less than a decade old. 2016 Chevy Equinoxes, 2011 Ford Edge, 2013 Lincoln MKZs. They really don't make 'em like they used to and it SUCKS. It's already bad enough when a smartphone gets over 5 years old, can you imagine a car in 5 years? will the software and diagnostics needed to service an out-of-date infotainment system still exist?

People tend to forget the first thing that failed in the 1988 Buick Reatta was the infotainment system. Yes, the first car with one.

Had to back up the truck at work a week ago, and it's a 2019 Ford F-150 'Platinum.' Hit the wrong button on the steering wheel and it says 'please say a command'. Freaking thing talks. I thought that got old in the '80s. Anyone remember 'Bing! driver's door is open!' or 'Please fasten your seatbelts!'

I'm sorry but the last thing I want to be inside of is a Star Trek shuttlecraft. Or an Airbus A320 cockpit. Just one analog car. AM radio, 8 track, carburetor, nothing digital. Preferably an analog dash clock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Being under warranty, I called the MOPAR number for assistance on my Jeep. They were here with tow truck before 7AM. I don't know what magic wand the driver had but he opened the hood and used whatever and dropped the hood and started the car. He backed it out of the drive and onto his trailer and took it to the dealership.

Upvote 0
Well when I got my new wax guards, was the last time I ever opened up my backpack, and I could not hear, irony since I had my new right hearing aid in my ear, could not hear the drop from my sound assistance, I do not want to drive back into town for the sound assitance since It was lost only the last place Isaw it was in my backpack and unzip it in the car too, the only time I warn a winter coat to a few places of where it was really nice out, I hate wearing them inside anywhere,, they are too bulky! So knowing that it is forever lost, I wonder if I could get a new replacement for it...

Upvote 0
The dealership called saying they were looking at my Jeep. It was another bad battery that was causing the errors. They wanted to charge me $550 for the replacement and labor and I threw an olbriar fit on them. They replaced that battery last June. He said it was now out or warranty. I said I've never seen a battery that didn't have at least a year or two warranty on it. I don't know what they did but when they called again to say it was ready they said it was at no charge. I'll pick it up AM tomorrow.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Reboot the Jeep !

If your 2020 Jeep Compass is exhibiting a "Service Electronic Parking Brake" alert alongside occasional brake pedal unresponsiveness. A temporary electrical or software glitch; sometimes, the vehicle's electronics can be reset by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes and then reconnecting it.
Aug 27, 2023

Reboot the Jeep !

If your 2020 Jeep Compass is exhibiting a "Service Electronic Parking Brake" alert alongside occasional brake pedal unresponsiveness. A temporary electrical or software glitch; sometimes, the vehicle's electronics can be reset by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes and then reconnecting it.
Aug 27, 2023
I disconnected the battery and waited close to a half hour and reconnected thinking that would reboot the auto with no luck. I did manage to warm up while I waited. :) Thanks for the helpful guess.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
It's been flagged as malware for a while now-

Upvote 0
Can you check your router?

This is my thread I started about it:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones