• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Yeah that is bad and I am lucky that it has never happened to me yet.

My personal annoyance is quite recent. I live in the UK and we have just had the Queen's Jubilee celebrations. All the usual pomp and ceremony that you would expect, and people were flying the Union Flag outside their homes and in shops.

I know that I need to get a life, but driving around the country in the last few weeks I have noticed that about 80% of all these flags, including the shops, are upside down and even the buntings have been put up back to front.

What other country in the world would not know the correct way to fly their national flag - haven't they heard of Google or are they all just copying each other?

My son was on a British martial arts team for nine years and they made sure that whenever they showed the flag it was always the correct way - so maybe that is why it has annoyed me - no one seems to care any more.

Rant over!!

Upvote 0
I'll say it again, people in the far left lane of a 2 or more lane highway that are going the same speed (or slower) as the car to their right. Moving to the right lane when you have a line of cars behind you trying to go a little faster than you should be common courtesy. We hear about road rage constantly and everyone's ready to flog the person displaying the road rage, but we never try to figure out why the person is exhibiting road rage. It's like in pro football where the ref sees the 2nd guy throw a cheap shot, but never sees the first guy, inattentive drivers driving slow in the left lane are that first guy. How about a law that allows the death penalty for inattentive drivers that are bottle-necking traffic and creating unsafe driving conditions with their inattentiveness?

http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/

Upvote 0
Where I live, its like this: if the speed limit is 70 and you drive too slow, you get a ticket....if you (not everyone around you) drive too fast , you get a ticket...but if you and everyone's doing 80 then all is well. Almost a go with the flow unwritten law.

My rant is being the guy that gets pulled over and ticketed for driving too fast when I was "going with the flow".....

Upvote 0
Where I live, its like this: if the speed limit is 70 and you drive too slow, you get a ticket....if you (not everyone around you) drive too fast , you get a ticket...but if you and everyone's doing 80 then all is well. Almost a go with the flow unwritten law.

My rant is being the guy that gets pulled over and ticketed for driving too fast when I was "going with the flow".....

That's what I don't understand about some people, at least go with the flow, and if you're in the far left lane, try not to act like the official highway pacecar and move over. If the guy behind you wants to go 80 MPH, move over, let him blow past everyone. Maybe he'll set off all the speed traps ahead of you. For all we know the guy/woman could have a life-threatening situation on their hands. We don't have to get all

1471564_o.gif

on em.... Let em pass Mr. Barney Fife of the left lane!
95801987.x9bqFEOK.soapbox.gif

Upvote 0
Aymen to that, TxGoat on all accounts. It rants me when hundreds of moving metal and steel, carying gallons of combustable fuel are zipping along, then that ONE pace-setter decides "yep, this seems like a good spot in traffic to play police traffic control" then drives a good 20mph slower....going 55 in a moving 75 flow....and in the far left lane!....GAWD HELP traffic when that driver decides its time to take on all traffic and at liberty, moves not one lane at a time, but moves from the far left allllll the way over to the far rifht exiting lane without a care just as long as the driver makes his exit.

Upvote 0
I see you are up on the soap box today.. SOmetimes, i gotta git up on this here "bullpit" and pretch a lil about some of our crazy drivers... Just last Sunday , i got religion, climbed up on that bulpit" and delivered a sermon about tailgators that wil stay on your bu++ no matter HOW fast you go.

Title of my soymon was "Drive Like Hayale and You SHo'Nuff Will Gits There!"

Testifiiiih!
testifiih.jpg

Upvote 0
I understand our elderly population has a hard time with the flow of traffic, but if their faculties aren't what they need to be to at least try to keep up with the flow of traffic then maybe it's time to re-evaluate how we get around town.

It's kind of sad really. I once called into 911 because a car was bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic and almost side-swiped another car. I told the 911 dispatcher that it looked like a drunk driver. When I finally got past the driver, it was just an elderly lady.

Upvote 0
yes ive had to do that once too. called 911 because of the way a driver was wrecklessly driving, and he did clip a car up ahead after he got passed me. I called it in and the dispatcher said "what do you want me to do about it" by the time someone gets there hes gone.... she didnt even want the license number , i had to insist she take it down.

Betcha it was close to her 15minute break and she just scribbled something down and threw away when i hung up..... sad.

Upvote 0
God help you if it's a bunch of old biddies (male and female) looking for garage sales! They see a sign - right across 3 lanes of traffic. If they bother to put a signal on, they go the opposite from the signal. They also are prone to backing up in traffic if they want to scope out the sale from the car. I've almost hit a couple of them or vice versa.

They sit in the left turn lane with left signal on, and just as you go to pass them, they decide to make a right turn.

Upvote 0
God help you if it's a bunch of old biddies (male and female) looking for garage sales! They see a sign - right across 3 lanes of traffic. If they bother to put a signal on, they go the opposite from the signal. They also are prone to backing up in traffic if they want to scope out the sale from the car. I've almost hit a couple of them or vice versa.

They sit in the left turn lane with left signal on, and just as you go to pass them, they decide to make a right turn.

Thats EXACTLY it!

Old biddy, I mean, Betty sez...
toomuchmarg.png

"...Yoo talkn' bout my driving?..."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones