• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Razr MAXX e-mail notifications

Hey, guys... got an e-mail notification question about my MAXX.

Just today, my phone started vibrating and playing my SMS/MMS message tone whenever I get an e-mail, and stopped flashing the LED. I have the notifications for e-mail (Universal Inbox) set to silent, and no vibration.

Any thoughts? Why would it stop flashing the LED, and then start vibrating and playing the tone? Thanks for any ideas!

Ah! I figured it out. I have an app that deals with ringtones and SMS/MMS. It doesn't have anything to do with e-mail notifications, but a recent update made the app cause confusion between messages and e-mails. The developer said that they're working on additional fixes to remedy this.

I didn't even think of this app being the culprit because it doesn't deal with e-m notifications. But... there ya go. :)

Upvote 0
If you named the app we might find this useful information :D

Oh... that might have been a good idea. ;) (Insert "duh" here.)

The app is called "Ringo+ Ringtones and Text Tones." I do have to say that I quite like the app overall, and don't want to portray it in a negative light. In fact, on the help page, it suggested that if there are any issues not addressed in the FAQ, to send the developer an e-mail. I did just that, knowing this specific issue was addressed in the last update of the program, but still causing problems-- and the developer sent me back a quick, very friendly reply, letting me know that they're still currently working on the issue.

So it's good to know that they're listening and working in the issue, and responding to customers in a positive manner.

Reactions: Sharondippity
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones