• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really Weird Screen Issues (lots of green) Nexus 7

OmenLW

Lurker
Oct 10, 2013
My Nexus 7 started having strange screen issues. Lots of green and some pink. The graphics are clearly messed up but a lot of things still render in correctly.

Here is a link to pics I took of the screen. I will try attaching them but I am new and may not have that ability yet.

Please let me know what could be causing this. Thanks!

Nexus7Broken - Imgur

(album with images)

FDZo3c7.jpg

c5ZCDHp.jpg

hWZECoN.jpg

vp95Zbj.jpg

n0B4LsR.jpg

Thanks D-U-R-X. Yes I believe too a HW problem, since I've done SW related actions, like factory reset, re-boots and carrying latest 4.2.2 KitKat.

It has appeared for past 2 weeks or so. I think it's some kind of connector problem, since it can be "quick fixed" by tapping table back cover few times. But this is not final solution as it seems to be coming back.

I have opened the device and re-connected LCD (or digitizer) ribbon cable and connection cable. It kinda seemed to help a while which makes me believe this could be root-cause, especially if OmenLW had replaced mainboard without success. This then leads to potentially replacing LCD+digitizer, as it appears ribbon cables are integrated.

If I need to do this for my own device, I will report back whether it helped or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones