• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recently read emails on my samsung galaxy were not recently read by me

Plonk

Jul 19, 2013
i am not sure if i am posting in the right place so apologies if i'm not, but noticing that on my samsung galaxy 4 phone that my recently read e-mails section is showing e-mails that i have definitely not recently read. Have i been hacked?

Is this Gmail? Don't know about the read messages, but if you think you've been hacked and someone unknown to you has access to your email. Think the first thing to do is change your password and use something strong which is not easy to guess, using letters, numbers and punctuation. You might want to start using Authenticator as well, which gives a much more secure two factor authentication to your Google account.

Upvote 0
Also, if this is Gmail, you can log into your account at www.gmail.com and scroll to the bottom. At the bottom-right, there's a little blurb about "Last activity X minutes ago" with a "Details" link beneath it. Click that link, and you'll see information (including IP, browser/connection type, and rough geolocation) related the past handful of logins to your account. That should make it pretty easy to see if you've been compromise.

Most other email providers should provide similar information, but I couldn't begin to tell you where to look.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones