• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Release date: 6/24 nationwide; 6/21 for SP members.

Yeah, Sandwich seems extraneous to me too, since Ice Cream already qualifies as a dessert. Of course, "Ice" would be too short since it's not a dessert.

And I think ICS is the new OG.

abbreviating Frozen Yogurt so that it was shorter... FroYo. Now we have "Ice Cream Sandwich." ICS is nice, but not very obvious. Sounds pretty technical. So maybe ICreSan. wow that sounds horrible.

:D

I hope the Evo 3D comes out soon and very soon. I suspect the release will be around the first weeks of June, though I hope sooner.

I've been on the fence about getting the Evo 3D but recently my Evo 4G has succumb to the terrible reboot loop problems that are getting worse and worse. I suspect it is a hardware issue, but I'm about to do a factory reset and software purge to see if it remedies the problem. Probably unrelated but I noticed the problem got worse around the same time as I installed the Amazon App Store and downloaded a few free apps of the day (various crapware). I'm strongly leaning towards a nice hardware upgrade.

(I'm running straight stock, maybe I should finally delve into the world of root)

Upvote 0
:D

I hope the Evo 3D comes out soon and very soon. I suspect the release will be around the first weeks of June, though I hope sooner.

I've been on the fence about getting the Evo 3D but recently my Evo 4G has succumb to the terrible reboot loop problems that are getting worse and worse. I suspect it is a hardware issue, but I'm about to do a factory reset and software purge to see if it remedies the problem. Probably unrelated but I noticed the problem got worse around the same time as I installed the Amazon App Store and downloaded a few free apps of the day (various crapware). I'm strongly leaning towards a nice hardware upgrade.

(I'm running straight stock, maybe I should finally delve into the world of root)

Rooting will be the best thing you ever did and you will hate yourself for not doing it sooner!!! I'm loving my gingerbread with sense 2.1 on my evo. It just makes me want the EVO 3D even more!!! Come on give us our 3D already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Upvote 0
Rooting will be the best thing you ever did and you will hate yourself for not doing it sooner!!! I'm loving my gingerbread with sense 2.1 on my evo. It just makes me want the EVO 3D even more!!! Come on give us our 3D already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

i have never rooted my phones. I'm just curious, I can understand why people would root phones to get updates they otherwise normally wouldn't get, or to overclock processors on lower powered phones. But for top of the range phones like the Evo 3d is going to be, is it necessary to forgo the nice sense 3.0? what advantages would rooting actually bring? I'm just asking because i don't really know much on the topic

Upvote 0
[Evo 3D FORUM GAME] guess the launch date

Ok, I haven't put much thought into this... but a poll doesn't work unless I'm a MOD and can make changes... So here are the rules to this game:

1) People post the date they think the Evo will be officially released/launched by Sprint.
2) You can only submit one guess.
3) No editing your post. If I see an edit in your post, I won't count it or any subsequent guesses/posts.
4) once the launch date is known, all posts afterwards are disqualified. I'll use post timestamps to determine this.

Winner gets... a round of thanks from all the losers. Also, the person who first posts an official source announcing the official launch date gets a round of thanks as well, though I think this goes without saying.

Tiebreaker: if multiple people guessed the correct date, the first poster for that date is the winner. Feel free to thank the rest as well!

WHEN DO YOU THINK EVO 3D LAUNCH DATE IS?

June 3, 2011
deltatko
mak916
alcohol

June 6, 2011
novox77

June 10, 2011
Sketchr

June 11, 2011
dan330

June 17, 2011
themuffinman75

June 23, 2011
nothingbutaGthingbaby

June 24, 2011
thelonewizard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones