• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

Just got back from the Verizon store and now I'm locked and stocked with as close to a pre-order as I can get from them. Customer Service updated my upgrade date, and I have an appointment at 10:00am with a phone with my name. They had a demo phone on the floor with 4G connectivity, I did some speedtest.net testing (yes I know some of you aren't convinced by Speedtest.net's numbers but go sit on something will you?) and I got download speeds ranging from 17 Mbps to 9 Mbps, and upload speeds ranging from 33 Mbps to 26 Mbps. I'd post pics and video, but I figured I'll wait for the Speedtest thread to open back up. Oh and the phone feels very solid, and while I was there, I went a little crazy and bought the car mount and case/holster combo.....Sigh I hate being caught up in the hype....

Upvote 0
Just got back from the Verizon store and now I'm locked and stocked with as close to a pre-order as I can get from them. Customer Service updated my upgrade date, and I have an appointment at 10:00am with a phone with my name. They had a demo phone on the floor with 4G connectivity, I did some speedtest.net testing (yes I know some of you aren't convinced by Speedtest.net's numbers but go sit on something will you?) and I got download speeds ranging from 17 Mbps to 9 Mbps, and upload speeds ranging from 33 Mbps to 26 Mbps. I'd post pics and video, but I figured I'll wait for the Speedtest thread to open back up. Oh and the phone feels very solid, and while I was there, I went a little crazy and bought the car mount and case/holster combo.....Sigh I hate being caught up in the hype....

Um ... 33 up? Quite rare your up is faster than your down on a consumer line. Are you sure about this?

Upvote 0
From Detroit, used to watch Gordie Howe, Al Kaline, Willie Horton, The Bird, Alex Carras, Dave Bing in person - and oh yeah - went to Michigan.

I think Evos and Bolts are the darlings of Motor City / Big Blue fans, but that's just my expert opinion.

(lma0 ;))

Little late to convo. Playing catch up from the xoom while co-worker driving. What a day to be traveling :(

Fyi born and raised in Sterling Hts MI.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Just came back from the Verizon store here and the rep told me to come back tomorrow (16th) and pick up the phone at 10am. She also gave me her card.
I don't know if she was mistaken, but I did not correct her. So I will be there tomorrow picking up the phone. Has this happened to anyone else?

LOL You should have corrected her, because If she made a mistake by saying the 16th, I dont think she will be able to sell you the phone if the system has a street date.

Upvote 0
Um ... 33 up? Quite rare your up is faster than your down on a consumer line. Are you sure about this?

Well I was going to wait to upload on the speedtest thread if MON was ok with unlocking it, but since I haven't heard from him, here's the pic I snapped. He had been running speed tests all day and had some data already stored. Yes we know some people don't believe Speedtest.net is reliable, but here is the data from the phone on a rather empty 4G network.

Oh and mods, feel free to resize or do your voodoo to the pic...

attachment.php
(mod note - click Show button to see oversized image)

Attachments

• Speedtest.JPG
    Speedtest.JPG
    826.8 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
I'll try and clarify it for you. She gave you what you wanted...she approved your early upgrade. The reason she told you that you had to order it over the phone is because they just put a "note" on your account. This note that states you are eligible for an upgrade and is all you need to order the t-bolt by calling VZW customer service. If you called in to order the phone and you got a rep that told you that you weren't eligible yet...you could just tell them that a CSR put a note on your account on 3/15. Once a note is on your account, no other CSR can dispute it (even if you were only 6 months into a new contract).

The stores aren't going to let you upgrade early...they don't care about the "note" on your account. Your upgrade eligibility hasn't really changed as far as the store is concerned. Log into your VZW online account and check your eligibility for a new phone (you see that you are not yet eligible).

Does that make sense or am I just rambling? :)

Edit: And yes, your contract date would become 3/17/11 because you purchased a new handset on that date. The 4/4 date is now out the window.

UBRocked, back in the day when the Droid 1 came out, I was able to buy from a verizon store with the early upgrade note on my account. I just explained to the rep and he called and confirmed it.

Upvote 0
UBRocked, back in the day when the Droid 1 came out, I was able to buy from a verizon store with the early upgrade note on my account. I just explained to the rep and he called and confirmed it.

Yes this is still correct, If you have the note in your account and you know the date, then the corporate stores at least should not have problem. If they do have them call the COOS(don't know if I spelled that right) and they can then move the upgrade date then.

I know this is still in effect, I did on the iphone and the Fascinate before that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones