• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

Yeah I believe there will be $100 rebate. I'm gonna call my local store tomorrow and see if I can get it as an instant rebate . They did it for me iwth my Eris . We'll see, if not I'll order it over the phone and get it on Friday. I hate dealing with rebates

Best Buy does the instant rebate not Verizon. Verizon charges tax on FULL RETAIL. (how is that legal?)

Id get it through WireFly if possible. Im on a family plan though and got a phone in September. Not sure if Wirefly would let me upgrade early.

Upvote 0
And I guess that's what she meant by they can't "move the date," that my account wouldn't reflect an upgrade for me to just go anywhere. (Even though I know they CAN do that.)

Yep, they can. I bought mine and my wife's Droid1 in November of 2009 on a one year contract. I was able to get VZW to let me upgrade both phones early (one year)...but I had to call several times to get the "actual" date changed (which finally someone did).

Upvote 0
What about all the people who claim they've played with one? Don't any of them care to chime in with the "Does it have a toggle for 4G?" question? If I'd played with one, that would have been the 2nd or 3rd thing I would have looked for since there were battery issues, and it uses a sim for authentication.

I just got back from the Verizon store and my shock and excitement got the best of me. Two Verizon guys each had Thunderbolts in hand when I walked in. I was geeking out over the phone too much and didn't ask a thing. One guy did mention they just took them out of the boxes and he wasn't sure what the battery life would be like. I also picked up the car dock, which is the main reason I went there.:D

Upvote 0
I'm only getting one cause gobluejd is getting one...Can't let a Michigan fan have a better phone than me!!! :D

From Detroit, used to watch Gordie Howe, Al Kaline, Willie Horton, The Bird, Alex Carras, Dave Bing in person - and oh yeah - went to Michigan.

I think Evos and Bolts are the darlings of Motor City / Big Blue fans, but that's just my expert opinion.

(lma0 ;))

Upvote 0
From Detroit, used to watch Gordie Howe, Al Kaline, Willie Horton, The Bird, Alex Carras, Dave Bing in person - and oh yeah - went to Michigan.

I think Evos and Bolts are the darlings of Motor City / Big Blue fans, but that's just my expert opinion.

(lma0 ;))

If they were from Michigan...we couldn't call them smartphones!

[UBR runs and hides in a library where he should be safe from the Wolverines :D]

When is football season again...I'm already itching to watch some NFL network on my T-Bolt ;)

Okay...back on topic...sorry :eek:

Upvote 0
I just got back from the Verizon store and my shock and excitement got the best of me. Two Verizon guys each had Thunderbolts in hand when I walked in. I was geeking out over the phone too much and didn't ask a thing. One guy did mention they just took them out of the boxes and he wasn't sure what the battery life would be like. I also picked up the car dock, which is the main reason I went there.:D
I rang up the only Verizon within 50 miles of me and the feller wasn't even sure his store was going to get any Tbolts.....but he had a waiting list. What a rube. :rolleyes:;)

Upvote 0
Best Buy does the instant rebate not Verizon. Verizon charges tax on FULL RETAIL. (how is that legal?)

Id get it through WireFly if possible. Im on a family plan though and got a phone in September. Not sure if Wirefly would let me upgrade early.

Verizons rebates are now instant on phones over 199.99.( they don't exist anymore.constant)

Upvote 0
If they were from Michigan...we couldn't call them smartphones!

[UBR runs and hides in a library where he should be safe from the Wolverines :D]

When is football season again...I'm already itching to watch some NFL network on my T-Bolt ;)

Okay...back on topic...sorry :eek:

i don't know how that one is going to pan out... you may be watching court cases on NFL network instead of football this year. :(

Upvote 0
i don't know how that one is going to pan out... you may be watching court cases on NFL network instead of football this year. :(

As my kids would say..."no chiz" :D

Anyone get an email from the VZW Thunderbolt sign up yet? So much for "knowing before it hits" I guess.

I don't get why VZW keeps doing this for phones and doesn't follow through. Shouldn't the emails have gone out at the same time the Twitter posting was made?

Good call! I signed up for that back in January I think...

Upvote 0
Anyone get an email from the VZW Thunderbolt sign up yet? So much for "knowing before it hits" I guess.

I don't get why VZW keeps doing this for phones and doesn't follow through. Shouldn't the emails have gone out at the same time the Twitter posting was made?

I signed up for this on the Droid X and didnt get the email from them until AFTER I had my launch day phone in my hand.
best part was I got the email while on my phone, talk about irony
"the droid X is now available!!! blah blah blah"
ummmm... NO SH*T! lol

Upvote 0

I don't think that's right in fact I know it's not. I just bought an Iphone4 this weekend at Verizon and the phone sold for $199 at a 2yr contract and my total was $215 . Denver tax is somewhere around 7.5%

Upvote 0
That's what he said...I told him I'm relying on him when I get up at 3am. He supposedly confirmed. I might call later to doublecheck. I have a BB preorder but I'd rather go through VZW if it's not backordered. I'm gonna give up my free buyback that was going to be honored.
well post back with your findings. I'll be up at 3 if they are doing pre orders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones