• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[RELEASED] The 4.3 inch "Thunderbolt" aka "Mecha" aka "Incredible HD" from HTC...beyond coming soon!

UBRocked, back in the day when the Droid 1 came out, I was able to buy from a verizon store with the early upgrade note on my account. I just explained to the rep and he called and confirmed it.

Okay...must be the buying online part that is an issue. I know you can't do that unless they actually change your date in the system.

Upvote 0
Ummmmmm so what do you guys think about that 2750 mAh extended battery being offered for $50? Think I might pick that AND the multimedia dock up, depending on what the dock offers...

I'd want to see it on the phone (or at least the packaging first), but if the TB is about the same width as the EVO and the battery isn't too crazy thick, I'd do it.

I'm interested in the wireless charger thing. It looked like it had the extended battery back. Can we get ahold of the Phandroid source for the accessory leak article and ask a bit more about that?

Upvote 0
Now, I have a Verizon question if anyone can answer. I was going to order online because of the possible rebate, but everyone is saying it's not an issue in corporate stores anymore anyway. When I go online and do a mock order, there is no activation fee. Is this because I'm an existing customer, and will it be waived in the store as well? Or is that at online only deal? I can't remember if I was charged in-store last time or not. That was the phone before last. :)

Upvote 0
Now, I have a Verizon question if anyone can answer. I was going to order online because of the possible rebate, but everyone is saying it's not an issue in corporate stores anymore anyway. When I go online and do a mock order, there is no activation fee. Is this because I'm an existing customer, and will it be waived in the store as well? Or is that at online only deal? I can't remember if I was charged in-store last time or not. That was the phone before last. :)

I dont know but you might be able to get it waived.. An a side not BB does not charge for VZW activation

Verizon Wireless - No Activation Fee

Upvote 0
What are the odds of there being a mad rush that will cause stores to sell out quickly? Just wondering if I need to camp out at the Verizon store Thursday morning.

I don't think so because of the relative lack of OFFICIAL hype. We are a small minority who would be on top of this kind if news, but I don't think the general public is even aware of the TB, even though there has been a commercial aired for it; most haven't even seen it yet.

Upvote 0
What are the odds of there being a mad rush that will cause stores to sell out quickly? Just wondering if I need to camp out at the Verizon store Thursday morning.

It's not an iFad so there shouldn't be a need for a line. I stopped by my VZ Wireless corporate store on Tuesday, bought $40 worth of accessories for the TB and the guy was more than willing to make an appointment for me, and he even said he'd set aside a TB for me. I just have to be there as soon as they open (10:00am) and he'll have already started processing my order. I say go buy some accessories and show them that you're serious about buying the phone.

Upvote 0
My VZW store is pretty slow. They have no accessories and no unit I can check out. Not until Thursday.

Are you sure it's a corporate store? I guess what makes my VZW store special is that it's in a neighborhood that's near a neighborhood where a lot of local athletes live. I'd just go to the store, tell them you'd like to make an appointment as soon as their store is opened and would like to buy a Thunderbolt. It also helps if the store can see that your account is upgradeable and in my case, I'm sure it helped for them to see that I have a monthly allowance on charges to my account in the amount of $500 I believe I was told. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Are you sure it's a corporate store? I guess what makes my VZW store special is that it's in a neighborhood that's near a neighborhood where a lot of local athletes live. I'd just go to the store, tell them you'd like to make an appointment as soon as their store is opened and would like to buy a Thunderbolt. It also helps if the store can see that your account is upgradeable and in my case, I'm sure it helped for them to see that I have a monthly allowance on charges to my account in the amount of $500 I believe I was told. Good luck.

Positive its a corporate store.

Upvote 0
Okay, so someone tell me this...

Why is VZW not releasing 1 year pricing on the phone? I just got off the phone with them, and they verified that the new 2 year contract pricing is $249.99, but even after putting me on hold for a few minutes...could not find any information on the 1 year pricing.

Now, they gave me a strong indication that a 1 year contract would be available but they just didn't "know" what the pricing would be until tomorrow. LOL...I don't buy that this is a "game time" decision :D

I'm probably going to stick with my wirefly order (and the 2 year contract)...but I was just curious cause there has been nothing official on the 1 year pricing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones