• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing Personal Data

techno_smd

Lurker
Oct 26, 2010
I am new to the Android and have a question, how I can remove/wipe my personal data( contacts, mail account, pictures etc) from the phone.My phone is running Android 2.2 if I do the factory rest will that remove the Android 2.2 also with my data.What's about the unlock status? It will go to locked setting again after hard reset.

I am new to the Android and have a question, how I can remove/wipe my personal data( contacts, mail account, pictures etc) from the phone.My phone is running Android 2.2 if I do the factory rest will that remove the Android 2.2 also with my data.What's about the unlock status? It will go to locked setting again after hard reset.
No and No. A reset just resets the phone software to default values and clears the memory. It does not alter the firmware version, nor the carrier subsidy lock status (locked or unlocked). It wipes all data off the phone, but does not delete anything on the memory card. If you want to wipe the memory card too, just unmount the card, do a format in the phone, then a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones