• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replace HTC Lockscreen, an Incredible Find!

Sorry, I am not sure what you are talking about.

So you have the custom slider. With that, you can edit the functions of the two sliding points.

Is it the look of the custom slider you don't like? Or is it the fact that it "slides"? Would you rather just push a button and not slide it?

I'm confused :rolleyes: LOL!

ETA: Attached is a pic of the custom slider. I have the unlock on the left and the flashlight app on the right. The little Care Bear in the middle is an app called MySettings.

Which part do you not like?

snap20100922_032542.png

I would rather not just push a button but I hate the look of the slide outs (in your picture, the flashlight as well as the green X). I know I can change the actually unlock slide to Sense UI and or Rotarty etc... ,personally those are my two favourites, but I would love to be able to change the look of those slide outs. I would rather it just be like, the bottom sense UI unlocks the screen but you can have two top sense UIs which perform different functions. You know? Am I making any sense? I know it's asking a lot but those are my reasons for not liking the widget locker program.

EDIT: sorry, I'm terrible at explaining this crap.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I am not sure what you are talking about.

So you have the custom slider. With that, you can edit the functions of the two sliding points.

Is it the look of the custom slider you don't like? Or is it the fact that it "slides"? Would you rather just push a button and not slide it?

I'm confused :rolleyes: LOL!

ETA: Attached is a pic of the custom slider. I have the unlock on the left and the flashlight app on the right. The little Care Bear in the middle is an app called MySettings.

Which part do you not like?

snap20100922_032542.png

How do you change the Icons on the lock? I want to change my right one.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I am a newbie, so please excuse my ignorance.

I don't mind the unlock drag down feature that came with the phone, but I really have issues with the unlock to answer feature. Often, when I take the phone out of my pocket, it will either answer or reject the call because it is getting moved as I try to pull it out of the pocket.

Will this application fix this too? Help will be greatly appreciated. I am an idiot to this phone so far.

Upvote 0
Thanks. That probably won't help me either, as I would most likely end up accidently pushing one of the two choices as I grab the phone out of my pocket. I was hoping to find something that let me slide it left or right, as that wouldn't normally happen when I try and pull the phone out of my pocket. The up and down just doesn't work well for me. Wife has Droid X and I seem to like the sideways slide. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Thanks. That probably won't help me either, as I would most likely end up accidently pushing one of the two choices as I grab the phone out of my pocket. I was hoping to find something that let me slide it left or right, as that wouldn't normally happen when I try and pull the phone out of my pocket. The up and down just doesn't work well for me. Wife has Droid X and I seem to like the sideways slide. Any ideas?

There is a setting in WidgetLocker under Popups menu called "Hide Incoming Call." Choose that and you're all set.

Upvote 0
WidgetLocker only replaces the lock screen, it does not replace the incoming call screen.

I don't consider the Hide Incoming Call setting a selling point of WidgetLocker as it's pretty simple and I don't want people to have false expectations/hopes.

The idea is that when the phone is ringing you see WidgetLocker, as a lock screen. You can't see who is calling. You can't answer or ignore. You can however unlock WidgetLocker and then you see the standard call screen. This extra step of unlocking WidgetLocker before answering fixes the pocket answer problem for some users.

Upvote 0
Anyway to get rid of that second delay when hitting the home key when WL is activated?
WidgetLocker strongly suggests to attach the Home Key to their HomeHelper. This is supposed to help WidgetLocker work for reboots, etc. I didn't like the lag, either, so I tried it without HomeHelper.

Go into the WidgetLocker app, press [MENU], press [Behavior], then press [Clear Default Home]. Exit the app, press the home key, and when the dialog box pops up, select [HTC Sense] and make sure to check the "Use selection everytime" box at the bottom.

I've found that the problems WidgetLocker says might happen not using HomeHelper haven't happened yet. I didn't like the 1-second delay every time I hit the [HOME] key using HomeHelper. The main thing about using Sense as the [HOME] button action is it doesn't reset the lock screen fast enough after you turn the screen off (which was a problem with LockBot, too). So if you turn it back on within 5-seconds of turning it off, the HTC lock screen comes on instead of WidgetLocker, and then the Widgetlocker lock screen comes on after it loads. But I rarely wake the screen immediately after turning it off, so I think this is really not a problem compared to the home screen delay when using HomeHelper.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Can i have some ideas of what widgets yall have on your lock screen?

cant decide on what would be best for me

Here's mine:

The two widgets at the top are Weather forecast widget donate and Digital Clock Widget. I like to have those things right on the first screen so I don't have to unlock the phone just to see the temperature outside.

The three sliders are just WidgetLocker sliders, the top one being a custom slider to the TeslaLED Flashlight, the sound on/off/vibrate slider, and the unlock slider.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
hmm kinda stuck in a situation atm but first things first great app and absolutely loving it!!much better than lockbot pro who seems to have virtually no customer support ,so heres the thing i'm rooted and using leedroids rom and launcher pro and my weather widget is the Weather & Toggle Widget, and i have it both in the lockscreen and homescreen and i've enabled animations for it just like the htc default ones and its animating both in the lockscreen and homescreen?how can i disable it for one (lock) as disabling it means both screens have no animations cheers! http://www.appbrain.com/app/weather-toggle-widget/com.androidapps.widget.weather2

Upvote 0
hmm kinda stuck in a situation atm but first things first great app and absolutely loving it!!much better than lockbot pro who seems to have virtually no customer support ,so heres the thing i'm rooted and using leedroids rom and launcher pro and my weather widget is the Weather & Toggle Widget, and i have it both in the lockscreen and homescreen and i've enabled animations for it just like the htc default ones and its animating both in the lockscreen and homescreen?how can i disable it for one (lock) as disabling it means both screens have no animations cheers!
when i was playing around in the settings today, in the animations options, there are 3.... disabled, home only, or any application.

Upvote 0
After the update, widgetlocker now allows access to the phone through the notification bar and totally ignores my lockscreen. Running Fourth wave (no more CM6 for now).

Anyone else experience this? I am going to play with some settings to see if there is anything else that could be causing it.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
After the update, widgetlocker now allows access to the phone through the notification bar and totally ignores my lockscreen. Running Fourth wave (no more CM6 for now).

Anyone else experience this? I am going to play with some settings to see if there is anything else that could be causing it.

-Nkk

I assume you mean it's bypassing your security lock? Is it possible it is just that your ROM has some kind of lock screen timeout?

Upvote 0
Here's mine:

The two widgets at the top are Weather forecast widget donate and Digital Clock Widget. I like to have those things right on the first screen so I don't have to unlock the phone just to see the temperature outside.

The three sliders are just WidgetLocker sliders, the top one being a custom slider to the TeslaLED Flashlight, the sound on/off/vibrate slider, and the unlock slider.

Hope this helps!

How do I delete the two sliders that are kinda stock with the app? I cant delete them, only add more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones