1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Restoring deleted tabs in Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Simon Monteith, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Simon Monteith

Samsung Galaxy A3
    Today, I unintentionally deleted 40 tabs I have had open in Google Chrome on my phone for a long time, some of them for up to three years. All these webpages were significant to me, and I'm desperate to retrieve them if this is at all possible. Here's how I made the blunder:

Settings > Application manager > Chrome > Manage Storage > Clear All Data

This has wiped out all tabs (and History) in Chrome on my phone, so I'd be very grateful for expert advice on retrieving them.

Kind thanks,
    Simon McElrea
    (Dunedin, New Zealand)

#1 Simon Monteith, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

ocnbrze and Simon Monteith like this.
  3. Simon Monteith

Thanks, Mikedt. I don't believe I did, esp. if this was a specific step I should have taken in advance ... I'm not tech savvy, and tend to operate my phone with default settings. But I appreciate the tip - something to be aware of in future. Thanks once again for your help. Simon :)

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Is recent tabs not in your chrome drop down menu? If you didn't save the 40 as bookmarks they are gone

ocnbrze, Simon Monteith and mikedt like this.
  5. Simon Monteith

Yes - Recent Tabs is there. But I didn't have my 40 odd tabs bookmarked. They are indeed gone.

Thanks, Danny.

Simon

Dannydet likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you should never have 40 tabs open. it can potentially slow down the phone by taking up data and storage space. always bookmark your websites you like. you can even put the bookmarks in named folders for better organization.

Dannydet likes this.

Samsung Galaxy A3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A3 release date was December 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/1GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 1900mAh battery.

December 2014
Release Date
Reviews