• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Android 2.2 FroYo - Brought to you by MDW (OC & Flash 10.1!)

Sweet thanks Zero... new problem now... I can't get adb to work at all... I've tried everything I can think of.. I have the latest SDK for 2.2, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the moto drivers... When go to adb shell it gives me the $ and when I try to su it hangs for a bit and says permission denied... any ideas at all guys? This just happened I have never ever had problems with adb shell ever...

(I have also tried doing it from recovery and get the same thing...)

I have had this problem since B.B. v1.0, and I haven't found a fix yet.

Upvote 0
I used SPRecovery and restored to the froya ROM and did the update.zip per the instructions but not the screen is stuck booting up at the flashing "android" logo. I've tried a couple of battery pulls to get into recovery mode but i cant even do that as it tries to automatically boot up normally. I dont even think i can to the boot loader to do an RSD wipe. any ideas what i can do?

Upvote 0
I used SPRecovery and restored to the froya ROM and did the update.zip per the instructions but not the screen is stuck booting up at the flashing "android" logo. I've tried a couple of battery pulls to get into recovery mode but i cant even do that as it tries to automatically boot up normally. I dont even think i can to the boot loader to do an RSD wipe. any ideas what i can do?

have you tried holding up on the dpad while powering on to get to the boot loader. There is no reason for that not to work. Sounds like you have the recovery bug thats going around. Best thing to do is get to the boot loader and flash the sprecovery sbf. That will get your recovery back

Reactions: rawness
Upvote 0
I see that Mydroidworld.com released froyo 2.2, i watched the youtube.com videos that they posted up, I downloaded the file and installed onto my rooted droid. Then found out that is is just a ROM based on the froyo original release, the only changes i seen were that my phone was incredibly laggy and nothing else really changed, no flash (i read that you dowload it in the market) i didnt have the colorful settings (colored icons in setting menu) like the video showed, the launcher is nice but the phone is just to slow even at 1.25Ghz, i seen no market improvments, the browser was not really any faster (from what i heard is that, it is 2 - 5 times faster....the fastest). i downloaded and installed one of the kernels to get wifi working and it did, barnicle wifi tether didnt work properly, I was just wondering when an official Froyo 2.2 ROM is going to be released, that works as good as the video demonstrated, Im really excited to get Froyo on my droid but pete's BBV1.1 is alot faster at least for me, any one else have any of these issues with the android 2.2 ROM release? Thank you for your time and hope someon knows when the official download will be avalible....

Upvote 0
I see that Mydroidworld.com released froyo 2.2, i watched the youtube.com videos that they posted up, I downloaded the file and installed onto my rooted droid. Then found out that is is just a ROM based on the froyo original release, the only changes i seen were that my phone was incredibly laggy and nothing else really changed, no flash (i read that you dowload it in the market) i didnt have the colorful settings (colored icons in setting menu) like the video showed, the launcher is nice but the phone is just to slow even at 1.25Ghz, i seen no market improvments, the browser was not really any faster (from what i heard is that, it is 2 - 5 times faster....the fastest). i downloaded and installed one of the kernels to get wifi working and it did, barnicle wifi tether didnt work properly, I was just wondering when an official Froyo 2.2 ROM is going to be released, that works as good as the video demonstrated, Im really excited to get Froyo on my droid but pete's BBV1.1 is alot faster at least for me, any one else have any of these issues with the android 2.2 ROM release? Thank you for your time and hope someon knows when the official download will be avalible....

No need to start a new thread for this.

You need to be patient. It takes a little while for froyo to get running correctly. For me its significantly faster than any rom I have ran in the past.

Reactions: drizzlekid
Upvote 0

If you are patient with it then it is pretty awesome... It is the best ROM I have used so far in terms of speed and functionality (next to CM of course, functionality wise that is)... You just have to give it some time, it takes a while to set up itself as it will start downloading all of your apps from the market at first start up... then I would advise to reboot after that and it should fly...

barnicle wifi tether isn't a very good app, you should try out wifi tether for root users it is on the market and works just fine with this ROM... If you are waiting for the official release then you have a few months to go, the source code will be released to GIT hub before the official release and that hasn't happened yet... Then you will have to wait for Motorola and Verizon to release the OTA which will take another few months (remember 2.1?)...

Again give the ROM some time it might take some work but it is well well worth it...

Upvote 0
I have been running this for three days with no problems but just got market updates and noticed google maps was on my list. I know maps is working fine and is the newest version. I checked my app version but it doesn't show up when I look for it on settings/applications. Its there and works fine though, kinda strange. Anyone else?

Sent from my screaming fast Droid using tapatalk.

Upvote 0
I have been running this for three days with no problems but just got market updates and noticed google maps was on my list. I know maps is working fine and is the newest version. I checked my app version but it doesn't show up when I look for it on settings/applications. Its there and works fine though, kinda strange. Anyone else?

Sent from my screaming fast Droid using tapatalk.

Look a couple pages back and I listed what I did to fix it. It seems to be a problem most people are having. Fab noted it in his ROM release too.

Reactions: droid_freak
Upvote 0
Just call it Droyo for now until Pete releases his version. Damn I can't wait, I'm looking forward to getting Pete's performance scripts back. I'm not use to seeing my RAM dip down to the low 30's anymore.

I'm liking this ROM especially the new camera options but I like my froyo with extra toppings.

Same here, i'm waiting for the following:

Petes 2.2 "Droyo" BuglessBeast to come out
along with his Bekit Kernals.

Why?

These were the first roms/kernels i used when i first rooted not too long ago, i know they work and i like the stock nature of the things :) Can't wait for him to drop them, and if they do, where would i be able to find any news related to if hes even working on it? Is he originally from these forums?

Just wondering and just curious as where he started and whatnot. I love these forums !!!

Upvote 0
This is working so well for my phone...it's very fast (OC'd to 900), has wireless, flash (!), and I left it off the charger overnight, but on. When I went to bed, it was at 90% when I woke up it was at 85%...amazing. I also noticed the battery life difference when I was playing with it yesterday, streaming audio and playing flash videos, but I thought it might be an anomaly (maybe it didn't go down as fast as I remember?). But the overnight test seems pretty real, it used to go from 90% to 40%-30% overnight.

I had a few glitches when I first tried installing it. Even though I had superuser permissions, I couldn't get some programs to recognize it (it wouldn't even ask me to grant access). I was coming from Cyanogenmod and it's possible I did a few things out of order... I started over by running DroidMod's root update, wiping data/cache twice, then running the ROM; I had no troubles after that. I do still have to fix the maps issue. (Bleh)

All in all I am very happy with this ROM. Thanks to all who posted how to fix little things like the 40% charging issue (pull the battery) and other little glitches. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones