• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Angry Bean / CM 10.1 [build 08.08.13]

Long time troll first time poster. I am so in love with this ROM so thank you for that. I have however ran into a weird problem (not extremely important just annoying) with the widgets. If I resize them whenever I restart the phone it makes them disappear. I have tried it out dozens of times and it always happens when I make them the whole width of the screen, but it oddly only happens occasionally when I make it the whole height of the screen. So please keep up the fantastic work!

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
Long time troll first time poster. I am so in love with this ROM so thank you for that. I have however ran into a weird problem (not extremely important just annoying) with the widgets. If I resize them whenever I restart the phone it makes them disappear. I have tried it out dozens of times and it always happens when I make them the whole width of the screen, but it oddly only happens occasionally when I make it the whole height of the screen. So please keep up the fantastic work!

What's your grid size?

Upvote 0
Just flashed, very smooth compared to Dastins build. Very many thanks! One thing I did notice was that the signal tile was missing.

Great rom !! Keep up the great work.
But yeah I did notice there was no signal tile!

No clue guys checked the cm code and I don't see them removing it. I'll see of I can get it added back in the next build.

Upvote 0
Weird...I see my signal...both wifi and normal RIL signal. o_O huh.

So I finally flashed this. Using Inverted GAPPS too. time to dark theme my entire phone ;)

So far, so good. Very responsive. Nice work, g60, chairshot, and dastin! Though I know dastin frequents XDA more.

If I encounter anything weird, I'll let you know.

Edit:

I think the inverted gapps might have borked something...a lot of apps were showing as incompatible...so we'll see. Going to reflash and try again!

edit 2:

Nope. Its the ROM. Must be something in the build.prop...weird though. Its mostly alternative SMS apps from what I remember off the top of my head. So its not really a deal breaker, just more of a heads up for you guys.

Upvote 0
Quick note: While launching Titanium Backup for the first time, the "Superuser has granted... permission" dialogue keeps flashing repeatedly till I navigate to a different screen. Thought I'd mention this in case someone else runs into this glitch

*Edit: Apparently anytime Superuser is requested (at least in TB), it'll start its repeated flashing. Haven't seen it happen elsewhere, but that's probably because I haven't enabled any other apps that need root. Also! An issue that I found that is also present in WFTN, when having earphones plugged in, if I use any kind of voice input (Google Now, speech recognition) the audio starts getting ported to the phone's speaker. If you pause the audio, unplug, play the audio, and replug the jack while playing, it'll go back to the earphones, but be low quality and distorted. To fix this issue, a pause, unplug, play, replug (in my experience) will get the audio back in the earphones sounding full quality normal again. Any ideas what's going on there?

Love the rom so far, good work!

Upvote 0
Its all good. I have MMS Working well now.The camera was force closing when using the dedicated camera button. I just flashed everlov camera. Most of the 4.2.2 ROMS I have used all did the same thing. I am liking the Rom so far It is very smooth. GREAT WORK

Where did you find the camera?
I googled but couldn't find anything
could you link me to a place to download please?

Upvote 0
What's your grid size?

Whatever the default for the ROM is. Tried uninstalling some apps that I recently installed and the widgets still disappeared upon restart.

Edit: Also just tried to replace the boot animation which resulted it me getting a generic android boot screen and stuck me in a boot loop so I had to restore a backup to fix it. Sorry for two non important issues but I'm still enjoying this excellent battery life.

Upvote 0
Whatever the default for the ROM is. Tried uninstalling some apps that I recently installed and the widgets still disappeared upon restart.

Edit: Also just tried to replace the boot animation which resulted it me getting a generic android boot screen and stuck me in a boot loop so I had to restore a backup to fix it. Sorry for two non important issues but I'm still enjoying this excellent battery life.

I don't recall the default grid size. I'm not running this Rom right now so I can't check.
how many columns and rows you have?

Upvote 0
Sorry guess I could've just looked :p it's 4x4.

OK, that rules out a theory. I've seen some instances where the widget didn't scale properly to fit a grid larger than it was designed for. It's fine at 4X4 on a 5X5 grid, but if you stretch any widget dimension to 5, it can have problems. Doesn't seem like that's the case here. I hope you get your issue resolved :)

Out of curiosity, have you tried to make a backup, and then do a fresh install from scratch with a full 4EXT wipe?

Upvote 0
3/13/2013
∙ New build.prop settings improves performance - Charishot
∙ Broke off dastin's device files using virgin mobile shooter specific device files now
∙ 3G tile is now back

Chairshot added some performance and also some battery savings. Sadly due some issues with keeping multiple shooter device files tied into dastin's repo we had to break off our device files. Since we are managing the VM side of things I am not sure how much dastin will be able to add back in unless he has separate device files for VM and Sprint both called android_htc_shooter. More info about the changes can be found here. At this point this ROM is now different enough from Wild for the Night that it is now it's own ROM in terms of the way the hardware is working with the CM10.1. We will still be working with dastin to add in improvements, however our device files are different than his at this point in development.

Enjoy :D

Upvote 0
Thanks g60! Also, just wanted to note, I got a boot loop of death this morning. Woke up and rebooted my phone through the reboot menu, came back and it was stuck on the cyanogen screen. Tried wiping system and reflashing, but it required a full wipe. Is there any way that I could have gotten a log for this? I would have tried a log cat, but it happened at such an inconvenient time. Sorry I wasn't of more help, just wanted to report the error.

Upvote 0
Now im ready to flash the beast, i was waiting on your update. Thanks G60

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I think I'm ready to jump back in also. I downloaded the previous version with the intent to install, but I got lazy. I'll probably pull the trigger on this ROM especially since it's VM optimized now.

Upvote 0
3/13/2013
∙ New build.prop settings improves performance - Charishot
∙ Broke off dastin's device files using virgin mobile shooter specific device files now
∙ 3G tile is now back

Chairshot added some performance and also some battery savings. Sadly due some issues with keeping multiple shooter device files tied into dastin's repo we had to break off our device files. Since we are managing the VM side of things I am not sure how much dastin will be able to add back in unless he has separate device files for VM and Sprint both called android_htc_shooter. More info about the changes can be found here. At this point this ROM is now different enough from Wild for the Night that it is now it's own ROM in terms of the way the hardware is working with the CM10.1. We will still be working with dastin to add in improvements, however our device files are different than his at this point in development.

Enjoy :D

Perfect, now im ready to download, ill post my findings! Good work guys! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones