• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]AOSP ShiftTh3ory

Anybody know how to accomplish this:

burndraw.png

I installed the burn ignition mod pack but it's still the same old vertical scrolling style that I've always had. I've looked through all the settings and I can't find anything anywhere about a 3-D app drawer. Somebody point me in the right direction please...

Upvote 0
Tell me a little more about this /format system command that's been recommended. Where is it and what does it do? Would I have to reinstall everything all over again?

Format/SYSTEM is under Mount in TWRP. It doesn't erase your data, it erases thing that may have been left behind by your previous ROM. Most developers cook this into their update script so that's why you never seen it recommended often.

Reactions: bjanow
Upvote 0
Format/SYSTEM is under Mount in TWRP. It doesn't erase your data, it erases thing that may have been left behind by your previous ROM. Most developers cook this into their update script so that's why you never seen it recommended often.
I'm not using twrp any longer since support has dropped and you had some backup/restore issues. I've never had an issue with RM, but that's for another thread. Is it in CWR also?

Upvote 0

burndraw.png

I installed the burn ignition mod pack but it's still the same old vertical scrolling style that I've always had. I've looked through all the settings and I can't find anything anywhere about a 3-D app drawer. Somebody point me in the right direction please...

It should be in the launcher settings

Upvote 0

burndraw.png

Is this the Burnt Ignition theme with the greyed icons? Is the status bar part of it too?

Edit: Nevermind. Answered my own question.

Upvote 0

burndraw.png

The 3D Drawer app is available with ADW EX, or if you want to do like I had done, find "Gingerbread Launcher free" in Market. Then you'll get the stock GB Launcher that should have been made available with any CM7/AOSP ROMs.0

Try this LINK ???

Upvote 0
That DT GPS lock ROM is the poorest excuse for a "fix" I've ever seen. Market FC's whenever you open it, you'd think he's have Maps pre installed so you could just run it and reboot. Waste of 10 minutes of my life I can never get back lol
Were you(or anyone else) ever able to get the "fix" to work? I thought I must have had a bad download or a bad flash till I read this. This is the biggest bummer as i love the theme but now my navigation gps doesn't lock, which is unacceptable.

Upvote 0
Were you(or anyone else) ever able to get the "fix" to work? I thought I must have had a bad download or a bad flash till I read this. This is the biggest bummer as i love the theme but now my navigation gps doesn't lock, which is unacceptable.

I got a GPS lock prior to wiping caches and format /system and got GPS lock with v1.1 . But I also tried to do the fix as well, and that was terrible.. Never got pass the HTC white screen. Ended up rebooting into recovery and reloaded the working v1.1 .

So, yeah, it failed, but my Shift install had a working GPS lock.

Upvote 0
The burnt ignition pack seems to have broken my gps even on my backup. After the theme broke my gps, I triple wiped and restored my backup that I started with. Now gps doesn't lock on it either. What do I do now? Reflash the rom and start over from scratch?

Flash a sense rom, (not the GPS "Fix" rom) and get a GPS lock, the reboot in recovery and restore the backup you are wanting to get a GPS lock for, that should re-fix GPS for you. For some reason I have had to get more GPS fixes for theory roms than any other AOSP rom I have used in the past, seems like going into recovery can break GPS for this build at least :mad:

Upvote 0
Flash a sense rom, (not the GPS "Fix" rom) and get a GPS lock, the reboot in recovery and restore the backup you are wanting to get a GPS lock for, that should re-fix GPS for you. For some reason I have had to get more GPS fixes for theory roms than any other AOSP rom I have used in the past, seems like going into recovery can break GPS for this build at least :mad:
Do I wipe anything while I'm doing this. Before or after I flash the sense rom?

Upvote 0
I usually don't, I would wipe before flashing to the sense rom after using nandroid. if you have issues when you restore (force closes) then go back to recovery and wipe.
So if I triple wipe, flash sense, get lock, THEN TRIPLE WIPE AGAIN, then restore my backup, it should work again? Or does that second triple wipe mess it up again? I'm a paranoid wiper, so I like to triple wipe everytime. And does it matter if it's froyo or gb sense?

Upvote 0
I would still not wipe so many times, if recovery doesn't wipe it the first time it will use the exact same algorithms for each consective wipe and all you are really doing is shortening the life of the phone memory you keep rewriting.
So when would you wipe? Never when restoring a backup? Only when flashing a zip(Kernel, rom, mod)? Only when instructions say to wipe? As seldom as possible?

I figured you crazy rom flashers were wiping more than me.

Upvote 0
@jackdubl
I wipe cache/dalvik cache/and factory reset for a new rom flash, when updating from a version of the rom I am on to a newer version I usually only wipe cache/dalvik, for kernel flashes I wipe cache/dalvik.

I wouldn't say I am the biggest battery person here but I make sure my phone will last me from when I can charge it until it can be charged again ;) I actually just use speedtweak 2 (extreme 1.4 ) then 8 (Interactive) 14 save. Open setCPU for set at boot. I've played around with profiles using both setCPU and tasker but I am not able to do anything with my phone most of the day so I usually have my phone in airplane mode while I am at work and use it when I go smoke so over 10 hours I only drop 15%-30%

Upvote 0
What radio do you guys think i should use to prevent my 3G signal from dropping continuously? I haven't flashed any new radios after I rooted i guess that may be the reason

Flash one of the latest 2 leaks. In the radio sticky thread. I would suggest not the most recent on but the one right before that, LTE is 802 or 803.

Reactions: shaddyyy
Upvote 0
Flash one of the latest 2 leaks. In the radio sticky thread. I would suggest not the most recent on but the one right before that, LTE is 802 or 803.

So:

3rd GB Leak(Combined CDMA/LTE) - Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
MD5 - 956e3d5819d34148c95c4fa43e1bbb43

I should flash this one to have stable 3G and 4G LTE connection?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones