• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/06/13)

Well I followed all the directions, partitioned the sd card with 2 partitions the first fat, and the second ext, using the recovery menu. Then formatted.
Well anyhow, everything went fine, including showing that I had over 1gb of memory on the phone. The only problem was when I installed programs, and when I restarted the phone, they either disappeared or were messed up in some way. I also started to have errors popping up saying programs were crashing. Like messenger and other things. I just don't remember everything. Oh, and koumakernal was being denied root access.
Any help would be appreciated, went back to stock for now, until I can figure this out.

Upvote 0
Well I followed all the directions, partitioned the sd card with 2 partitions the first fat, and the second ext, using the recovery menu. Then formatted.
Well anyhow, everything went fine, including showing that I had over 1gb of memory on the phone. The only problem was when I installed programs, and when I restarted the phone, they either disappeared or were messed up in some way. I also started to have errors popping up saying programs were crashing. Like messenger and other things. I just don't remember everything. Oh, and koumakernal was being denied root access.
Any help would be appreciated, went back to stock for now, until I can figure this out.

Try installing the rom again, that sometimes happens and a reinstall helps.

Upvote 0
A Cpl thoughts iff the OP decides to mess with this again. I'm running JoyOS right now, for 2 reasons. I LOVE CTMod, but it's lacking 2 features I've found very useful on JoyOS. In Joy, my music controls show up on the lockscreen, as do any text messages received. Little and stupid, I know, but very convenient when driving. Just my .02... Thank u for all the awesome work you guys have done..

Upvote 0
Bloodawn :

I got a question for you !!

The app "Total Recall" ( a in and out going call recording app ), does not work on the Prevail with CTMod, but it does work on the Prevail with cm7 !!

Any ideas what it could be ? Thanks ( if there is a fix, maybe you can put it in a "possible" update ? ;) Thanks.

See my post in the other thread

Upvote 0
I have two phones running CTMod 3.68 and they just this morning started force closing alot. is anyone experiencing this? If so, did google update something?

Havent had the chance to restore a working backup yet.

So far its Google Framework that is force closing everytime a phone call comes in or is made....

I will try to update you with more info as soon as i can..... Thanks guys.

Upvote 0
I have two phones running CTMod 3.68 and they just this morning started force closing alot. is anyone experiencing this? If so, did google update something?

Havent had the chance to restore a working backup yet.

So far its Google Framework that is force closing everytime a phone call comes in or is made....

I will try to update you with more info as soon as i can..... Thanks guys.

Just clear the data for Google services framework

Menu>settings>applications>all(tab)
Scroll down and select Google services framework and select clear data

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or after a lot of up-time, does CTMod 3.68 lock up for anyone else when playing audio for an extended period of time (i.e. a couiple hours)? It seems to happen to me.

The device simply locks up and I need to hard reboot by holding down power for a long time. :-(
If I don't do anything involving audio at all, it's happy as can be.

Upvote 0
Rooted my girlfriend's Prevail this weekend and installed CTmod. Awesome, awesome, awesome! It's like a different phone with out all the bloat and bs. Great work, thanks much.

Why she couldn't appreciate how cool a successful root and rom flash is, is beyond me. Hopefully she will appreciate how fast and responsive her phone has become.

Upvote 0
Hi,

your best bet is following this guide :

[GUIDE][CTmod] Rooting the Prevail for Dummies (written by a dummy)

You should be rooted ( re-rooted ) in no time and if you have any questions or problems, just post them here !! ;)

EDIT : After you rooted and installed CTMod3.68, you can of course install and try other ROM's too, like cm7 or 187Mod........ Just remember to always make a backup like the guide describes ! :)

Upvote 0
My X rooted my cell an all the info I have been reading here is in my phone but some how my daughter screwed my cell up I need help redoing the root prosess please help

What got screwed up on your phone? You shouldn't have to reroot your phone. Have any backups been made? Little more info on what's wrong might help to make it easier for you.

Upvote 0
Well, I reinstalled again, well, more than once, but anyhow. Got it to work with the part of the sd card as extra phone memory, but now I'm having all sorts of apps having to be forced closed. And Koumamod is being denied superuser privileges, even though I had already set it to have the rights. The apps that are not working range from google apps, like gmail, and others, but also messaging, and sometimes the samsung apps as well. Don't remember all that I've had to force close on start, but there have been at least 5 or 6 that do it on start up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Upvote 0
Well, I reinstalled again, well, more than once, but anyhow. Got it to work with the part of the sd card as extra phone memory, but now I'm having all sorts of apps having to be forced closed. And Koumamod is being denied superuser privileges, even though I had already set it to have the rights. The apps that are not working range from google apps, like gmail, and others, but also messaging, and sometimes the samsung apps as well. Don't remember all that I've had to force close on start, but there have been at least 5 or 6 that do it on start up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi,

not to sure about the koumamod privileges, but all your FC's could be related to a "slow" sd-card !! What class of sd-card are you using ? ( ther's usually a little circle on the card with a number in )..... if you don't have that, your card is mostlikely a class4 or lower....... Try to use a class10 card !

Upvote 0
I went an did a factory reset cause my apps where not working an it says I'm not rooted anymore an I can't acess a back up

Hi again, as I said before, just follow the guide and Odin FE16 with CTMod3.68 for now......... you can change the ROM later to a different one.... It's just a very good and easy way to get you rooted again.

PS: May also want to check your sd-card, they can go bad sometimes or are to slow !!

Upvote 0

Did you check to see if you have superuser privileges? You should be able to just grants superuser to koumamod. How did you reload your apps? You might have to wipe data and cache for every app foreclosing. Or delete all your apps and reload them from the store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones