• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CWM][KERNEL] CM7.2-RC1-requisite0 BETA2

PlayfulGod

Extreme Android User
Jan 28, 2011
NW Georgia
unleashedprepaids.com
This is just a repost of req's original thread. ;)

• Developer: requisite0
  • Description: CM7 port for the Samsung Admire SCH-R720

What the hell is this?

It's my build(s) of Cyanogenmod 7.2 Release Candidate 1, ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.8, and my custom Kernel.
How do I use it?

• 1) First make sure you do a nandroid backup.
  • 2) Flash my CWM Recovery and Kernel package, then go to Advanced->Reboot recovery..
  • 3) Install the latest version of my Cyanogenmod 7.2 ROM.
  • 4) (This step is only for non-MetroPCS users) Install the Cricket Wireless or nTelos APN configuration for your data carrier (MetroPCS users can safely skip this step).
  • 5) Install the latest gapps (no longer necessary to mount system beforehand) zip.
  • 6) (OPTIONAL) Install the overclocked kernel.
  • 7) Select Reboot system now and wait at least 10 minutes for the market updates to take effect (connect to wifi first if data connection isn't working)(first boot might take a minute).

What works?

• Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Data
  • Texting
  • Cell Service
  • USB
  • Camera (video)
  • Data/MMS (in 90% of cases)

What doesn't work?

• Camera (still pictures) - Fast Burst Camera app works from the Play Store.
  • Data/MMS (in 10% of cases)
Do you provide source code?

Yes. You can check my GitHub here.
What did you change recently?

You can always see my latest changes in my commit log here.
Did anybody help you?

Of course. Shabbypenguin was there for me in the beginning. Unforgiven512 provided me a basic device profile to go off of. SuigintouLain provided the original CWM I used to flash my kernel and CWM. hroark13 helped me indirectly by providing his Galaxy Prevail device profile which helped me learn quite a bit, and directly by providing his RIL, Battery Server, and USB Controller code, and nudging me in the right direction for fixing data. Angablade has helped me with many ideas, and eventually we'll be collaborating on the kernel. And last but not least, pressy4pie for helping me test and being a good little monkey.
Great job, can I buy you a beer?

Donate
Can I PM you?

You can, but you'll get a faster response if you join us on IRC. (irc.irondust.net/#admire)
Wait, I want to go back to stock, but your recovery won't let me!?
Don't panic, just install SuigintouLain's original CWM and restore from your nandroid backup you made earlier. (You DID make one, didn't you?)
HERPEDY DURPEDY YOU CAN INSTALL THIS USING CWM HERPDERP

Lol dude there are a lot more forums with a lot more... Stickies to me makes things look important ... And alertive

Only down side to stick'n roms and such is it makes other things get over looked. Makes every one think that it's at the top of the forum so it's better then anything else. Which it could be or it could not be, but even if it is its not fair to others that put hard work into their roms and such to not have their work stickied too. That's the main reason in the Esteem forum we have the ATR guide stickied and that's it. Everyone deserves the same amount of "spot light" as every one else and plus makes it a lot cleaner and also all roms and such are typically in the ATR so technically is stuck at the top of the forum ;)

Upvote 0
That may work at MACYS but this is WALLMART guys , what may be good for one brand may
not work for another. Its a shame that when those who think their elite flex their will on the have nots. Typical. The so called "Esteem " faction must incrouch on the working class
so they may content themselves being elite. Thats why they ALLWAYS come sluming here.
please leave "admire" alone and let it end its service life gracefully. The people here and the device itself DESERVE it.

RIP ADMIRE
VIPERDINK GONE!

Upvote 0
That may work at MACYS but this is WALLMART guys , what may be good for one brand may
not work for another. Its a shame that when those who think their elite flex their will on the have nots. Typical. The so called "Esteem " faction must incrouch on the working class
so they may content themselves being elite. Thats why they ALLWAYS come sluming here.
please leave "admire" alone and let it end its service life gracefully. The people here and the device itself DESERVE it.

RIP ADMIRE
VIPERDINK GONE!

?

Upvote 0
Those of you trying to fix your MMS I'll share what I've done to get mine working. Not sure if it'll work for everyone but here goes...

Go to Settings > Wireless & Network Settings > Mobile Networks
Change Network Preferences to CDMA/EvDo
Change System Select to Automatic click ok.

Download MetroMMSFIX[Gingerbread]_reppards_cwm_fix.zip
Reboot into CWM go to mounts and storage mount System and Data then Flash the MetroMMSFix.
Reboot phone let it load up.(I toggled Airplane mode on/off when turning my phone on after flashing MetroMMSFIX)

Well, this is what I used to get my MMS fixed. The MetroMMSFIX I found randomly while searching for a CM7 MMS fix for MetroPCS. Hopefully it works for someone else as it has for me. MMS works after rebooting the phone and such =) Good luck

I take no credit for the FIX Above.

I found the MetroMMSFIX in this post http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/515307-rom-miui-official-miui-port-5.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones