• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][DROIDX] ApeX 2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC4) (10/9/2011)

Two bugs (sure one of them is, one I'm not):

Is anyone having trouble installing paid apps from the market? I can install free apps without a problem, but when it comes to paid apps I always get "Error-an error occurred. Please try again." I have tried:
Full Wipe and re-install of RC3.
Switching gmail accounts.
Wiping data for market.
Installing older "new market" (3.0.26)
Praying.
The funny thing is I can install paid apps by buying them from the online market, and then the app pushes to my phone. Did this with the new Madden last night. Just wondering if any of you all were having trouble (Fab?).

Second bug (theming):

If you use the default dialer, when selecting the default number for someone with multiple numbers, the text is all white on white. Can't see it unless you select it. No biggie, I just use Go Dialer/Contacts to curb the problem.

Please let me know if you all have problems too!

Upvote 0
I used Apex before and loved it, but switched to GB Darkslide. Now that there's new Apex in town, should I wait for the final release or can I safely flash RC3? I don't mind reflashing the final version, as long as it won't mean wiping data when going from RC3.
I understand that there's always a chance that Fab will find a big bug and fixing it will require data wipe, but that's pretty unlikely, right?

Upvote 0
Two bugs (sure one of them is, one I'm not):

Is anyone having trouble installing paid apps from the market? I can install free apps without a problem, but when it comes to paid apps I always get "Error-an error occurred. Please try again." I have tried:
Full Wipe and re-install of RC3.
Switching gmail accounts.
Wiping data for market.
Installing older "new market" (3.0.26)
Praying.
The funny thing is I can install paid apps by buying them from the online market, and then the app pushes to my phone. Did this with the new Madden last night. Just wondering if any of you all were having trouble (Fab?).

Second bug (theming):

If you use the default dialer, when selecting the default number for someone with multiple numbers, the text is all white on white. Can't see it unless you select it. No biggie, I just use Go Dialer/Contacts to curb the problem.

Please let me know if you all have problems too!

I have that EXACT problem with my market, but I'm actually on Shuji 2.0. It's essentially the same as APEX but I really need a fix for this bug!!! It's driving me nuts!

Upvote 0
Is there a way to get the stock 3g hotspot app back up.

I figured it out. This rom is perfect now. Best rom i have used since i got my phone a long long time ago.

Glad you got it figured out.

For anyone else looking for the hotspot, it's under settings, wireless & networks, tethering & mobile hotspot.

Upvote 0
I love how fast this is the themes available are great but I cannot get market to download tryed reinstalling newest update market.apk didn't work looked into it and saw somthing stating it was because google talk could not authorize noticed u stated u removed these tryed adding google talk won't install tryed several forces thanks good work

Upvote 0
Great work Fab!
Just a quick question (currently running TBH rooted version)... Just did a Nandroid backup and titanium backup. If I flash this can I boot into recovery and do an advanced restore and choose restore data to get all of my apps back, or will doing that screw something up since you have some of the AOSP apps?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Great work Fab!
Just a quick question (currently running TBH rooted version)... Just did a Nandroid backup and titanium backup. If I flash this can I boot into recovery and do an advanced restore and choose restore data to get all of my apps back, or will doing that screw something up since you have some of the AOSP apps?

Thanks again!

If you backed up your apps with Titanium Backup just restore the apps and app data, do not restore system data though.

Reactions: pank
Upvote 0
If you backed up your apps with Titanium Backup just restore the apps and app data, do not restore system data though.

Thanks Airmaxx23....
I was just curious since I was under the impression an advanced restore via a nandroid backup did the same thing. I know some people have had some issues doing an app with app data restore (I never really have though) so I thought the nandroid advanced restore may have been a better route.

Upvote 0
Thanks Airmaxx23....
I was just curious since I was under the impression an advanced restore via a nandroid backup did the same thing. I know some people have had some issues doing an app with app data restore (I never really have though) so I thought the nandroid advanced restore may have been a better route.

I've always used TiBu to restore my apps (220+) w/data and have never had an issue. The people that have issues are usually trying to restore system data along with apps and app data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones