• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom/Kernel]AWEsome Rom[V1.6]

I'm with dragonhart6505 I don't really use my camera for anything other than video calls so the rear flash is a moot feature for me. I did however see that Boost picked up the LTE Moto E second Gen. Which aside from the flash is a pretty solid choice for $99. Has 1.2ghz quad core SD 401, adreno 306, dual cams (sans flash) 1gb ram 4.5" display at 292ppi with 5.0.2 out of the box and 5.1+ update guaranteed. Just waiting on Boost to open BYOD and Switch my N5 to them lol.
2nd Gen Moto E is the same as the Desire 510 in terms of specs, only bettered by the Lollipop which the Desire 510 will receive come April (if our good buddy rb and myself don't get there first) ;-)

And Nexus 5 on Boost (supposing you have a CDMA variant) there are...methods of doing it

Upvote 0
2nd Gen Moto E is the same as the Desire 510 in terms of specs, only bettered by the Lollipop which the Desire 510 will receive come April (if our good buddy rb and myself don't get there first) ;-)
Similar...pretty big gap and display IMO but it comes down to personal preference I suppose. I haven't owned any HTC hardware since the DInc and Evo but they were great phones.

Upvote 0
Similar...pretty big gap and display IMO but it comes down to personal preference I suppose. I haven't owned any HTC hardware since the DInc and Evo but they were great phones.
My first HTC experience was the HD2...not a great start and turned me off Windows Phone completely, but now there's an Android port for it. Since then I had an M8 to play with for a few days and a DInc. They're good producers of great devices even in the low-end market. Their mids are great too. The latest Desires running WP10 look fantastic and I'd love to get my paws on a 820 or a 640

Upvote 0
My first HTC experience was the HD2...not a great start and turned me off Windows Phone completely, but now there's an Android port for it. Since then I had an M8 to play with for a few days and a DInc. They're good producers of great devices even in the low-end market. Their mids are great too. The latest Desires running WP10 look fantastic and I'd love to get my paws on a 820 or a 640
I loved my DInc and Evo if nothing more than the huge development community they had. Just never been a Sense fan (though honestly its by and far the most attractive OEM skin imo) but HTC is my second favorite hardware next to Motorola. Don't get me wrong love my N5 but at the end of the day its a LG lol.

Upvote 0
I have the Boost one. No 64bit for me :-(
Has anyone heard if /when TWRP/CWM was going to support the 64 bit development? I know of only 1 custom kernel and that is THEDREAMER. I'm only interested in the development of the 64 bit version. There has been all kinds of confusion regarding this and in turn my brains are almost scrambled. Please contact me with any news regarding this issue.

Upvote 0
Has anyone heard if /when TWRP/CWM was going to support the 64 bit development? I know of only 1 custom kernel and that is THEDREAMER. I'm only interested in the development of the 64 bit version. There has been all kinds of confusion regarding this and in turn my brains are almost scrambled. Please contact me with any news regarding this issue.
Unfortunately no twrp/cwm for the 64bit. As for an eta on one, nothing present there either

Upvote 0
Thank you. You'd think that having the 64 bit processor that everybody would be jumping on it. It's a waiting game I guess. if you come up with something feel free to share. I'll do the same if your still interested in the desire 64 bit.
Jackson
The 64bit isn't as prevalent within the community because of Boost/Sprint offering discounts on the 32bit. I wish they had only released one variant, but because they can ship them so cheap through the bigger carriers the attention will draw to them instead

Upvote 0
FYI, I just got word from a friend that a 64 bit kernel and Rom see coming to life add we speak. I'll post over hereads soon aa they roll out to the testers.
The 64bit isn't as prevalent within the community because of Boost/Sprint offering discounts on the 32bit. I wish they had only released one variant, but because they can ship them so cheap through the bigger carriers the attention will draw to them instead

Upvote 0
FYI, I just got word from a friend that a 64 bit kernel and Rom see coming to life add we speak. I'll post over hereads soon aa they roll out to the testers.
If I recall rbheromax mentioned last night he was giving 64 bit some lovin with the mods he put into 32 bit. It's shaping up nicely from what I know. As he runs everything through me before release (afaik), they're in for some nice treats ;-)

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0

And Nexus 5 on Boost (supposing you have a CDMA variant) there are...methods of doing it
510 ain't running lollipop

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones