• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM: Liquid v1.3 Released

I've been running LGB 1.31 for the last couple of days with very few issues and it's the best GB rom I've tried so far. Initially with LGB 1.3 I lost Gmail and YouTube, but after flashing 1.31, I got my Gmail back and just reinstalled YouTube myself. Love the easy theming using the Theme Chooser. On PE 5.02 had issues getting mms until I locked the app into memory, so I did that right off the bat with LGB and haven't had any messaging issues. No lag or issues with LP redraw. Thanks Liquid!!!

Upvote 0
The thing with these battery life claims, is that we don't see the usage statistics. You can easily manipulate the battery life with non-activity, for example.

It would be great if we could get screenshots of the battery usage settings display, to get some perspective.

My claims are a typical day for me. I have not changed my habits and am getting more battery life. My habits will be different from yours but in my typical day which I am not altering in any shape or form (I would have nothing to gain from doing so) I am getting much better battery life than in previous roms. And I'm pretty sure this occurring over the course of a week and weekend is a pretty fair stretch. I'm not flashing and 2 hours coming back to say what great battery life I have :)

Upvote 0
I've waited and waited to install a GB ROM. This is the first one I've tried. I've been using this ROM for about a week. So, here's my first impression.

-I like the look of this ROM.
-No issues with speed.
-No issues with redraws with Launcher Pro.
-Battery Life is average. Not great but for the most part it'll last an entire work day which is typically 10 hrs including drive time with moderate use.
-Browsing seems to be a little slower especially with Dolphin HD.
-My biggest gripe is that I lose my data connection when I use the phone. I remember that being an issue with some of the other GB Roms but it was never mentioned with this ROM so I thought it was fixed. I use the Airplane mode trick to get my data connect back.

I still feel I picked the right ROM to start off with when diving into the GB world. Now there's no stopping me now from trying out the others. :D

Upvote 0
Loving this rom so far, but I have two minor problems

1. I have multiple entries for the same contact, like 6 and its all the same one. *Edit* Just had to go into gmail and merge duplicates

2. Can I get rid of the Liquid branding on the lockscreen and the white transparency layer?

*update* cool screen off animation isn't working anymore :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones