• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM: Liquid v1.3 Released

Unreal. Set up 1.31 and once again, the music players lose half my music. Not a single Gingerbread ROM I have tried can successfully identify all my music, so I end up with 419 "unknown" songs.

Back to UD 2.5.... :(

Just out of curiosity Chief, what program did you use to sync your music to your sd card and what player are you using. I use both winamp and doubletwist and have never had the problem with the "unknown artist". I would really like to help you solve this problem because I think you would enjoy the GB roms.:D
BTW, I think I have 1800 songs on my device :p

Upvote 0
Impala, I tried both the stock music player and ^3 Cubed. They both "lost" 36 of my 71 albums' worth of music, the exact same 419 songs. When I restored to UD2.5, all my music fell right into place, all in order. The only thing I had to do upon nandroid restore was redo my album art.

It has happened on every GB ROM I've tried... and I don't feel like re-tagging 419 songs :p

Froyo isn't all that bad... all I'm really missing is the little "TV-off" animation LOL and I can live without that.

Upvote 0
I have to agree with you on that chief, UD 2.5 was/ is awesome and worked nearly flawless for me. You know what they say, every droid reacts differently and maybe this is the case with Gingerbread and yours. I guess I am lucky that LGB has worked so well for me. Less we forget, we are lucky that we even have the awesome Froyo Roms, much less the Gingerbread one's since many of the other devices are still on eclair or lower.

Upvote 0
Knock on wood everything has been flawless on my Droid but hey, my Droid is one of those that blows chunks on every CM rom I have ever tried. Consistency in hardware definitely would be nice. I also had great luck with UD 2.5 where others didn't as well. UD 3.0 was a disaster though.

My battery life and performance has never been better than with LG. Still coming home at the end of the day to 60% - 70% battery life left. It just doesn't seem real....

Upvote 0
Reactions: AurJohn
Upvote 0
I've seen the recommended installation instructions. Has any one tried just the "Install ROM from SD card" in ROM manager with out formatting boot and system? Any negative effects? Does Rom Manager format boot and system?
You could try it but I don't think Liquid recommends it. Also, you have the option of not wiping cache and data when you use rom manager, but I think that is best used when just installing patches, not full roms.

Upvote 0
You could try it but I don't think Liquid recommends it. Also, you have the option of not wiping cache and data when you use rom manager, but I think that is best used when just installing patches, not full roms.

I always wipe data and cache, but I have never formatted boot or system when switching between any ROM. I'm wondering if it's recommended due to the changes in GB.
I always use ROM Manager, and was curious if the "wipe data and cache" option maybe also formatted boot and system.

Upvote 0
I always wipe data and cache, but I have never formatted boot or system when switching between any ROM. I'm wondering if it's recommended due to the changes in GB.
I always use ROM Manager, and was curious if the "wipe data and cache" option maybe also formatted boot and system.

I believe it does, unless someone tells me otherwise. I have used Rom Manager or Clockwork Mod for Installing every Rom, GB or Froyo, and the wipe option has worked for me as if I had formatted the whole system.

Upvote 0
I've seen the recommended installation instructions. Has any one tried just the "Install ROM from SD card" in ROM manager with out formatting boot and system? Any negative effects? Does Rom Manager format boot and system?

I used this method and just flashed 1.31 right over 1.3, no formatting or clearing data/cache. The only problem I had was with gmail giving me force closes when I tried to launch it, which I fixed by clearing the application data in settings.

Upvote 0
Just doing a simple reboot and it coming back on with a bunch of missing apps and inactive icons where they used to be was enough for me to head back. I need a stable system...

So apparently you don't wipe before flashing? Please don't talk about things not working correctly unless you do. Its kind of a standard thing to do especially if you are coming from someone else's rom. Heck even LG v1.2 was a different version of GB I believe. When wiping, you must then wait for Google to sync all your apps back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones