• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

8/10 version is rock solid! Haven't had any force closes except for firefox. For some reason it ran slow and it even slowed down my whole phone. Had to reboot and I uninstalled it. No problems now lol. I've easily achieved 30 hours battery with mild texting, wifi, and some calling (people talk on cell phones, what?). This will definitely hold me over until CM9 gets out of Alpha!

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
WOW! Great job Dev Team. Super slick and streamlined. I absolutely love it. Visually I do like the MIUI menus but that white background caused some app menus to be completely bleached and unreadable. No such issue here.

The only problem I have is that I can not get my wifi to connect. It keeps switching form "Obtaining IP..." to "disconnected", back to "authenticating" and Obtaining IP address". Sorry if this was posted ahead of me, I'll delete if it gets pointed out. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Wireless tethering disables when the screen turns off after about 3 minutes, I assume it doesn't prevent deep sleep like it should and deep sleep is turning off the wireless tether. I have to put the screen timeout really high instead which burns even more battery.

Otherwise everything works great, and nice job. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hey g I gotta say I flashed the latest MTDEV build and wiped everything and started from scratch and this rom works better than any! I had been running my custom cm7 rom and it was good but very buggy. Had issues with the camera randomly not working, wifi issues, issues with settings not sticking until a reboot, etc.

This rom is fast and so far very stable. I have had it reboot when I was playing with wifi and seeing if it would deep sleep and it rebooted while the screen was off. So I have the wifi set to never sleep. And the first time I tried to use the ffc it froze and wouldn't connect afterwards but after a reboot and wipe camera data it hasn't messed up since.

Very good work on this rom guys!!

Upvote 0
Wireless tethering disables when the screen turns off after about 3 minutes, I assume it doesn't prevent deep sleep like it should and deep sleep is turning off the wireless tether. I have to put the screen timeout really high instead which burns even more battery.

Otherwise everything works great, and nice job. Thanks.

Check your wifi sleep policy. wifi settings, hit menu, hit advanced settings, and I set mine to never. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Has anyone had problems with Skype on this latest build?

I can't get past the sign in stage (just says signing in with the circular progress bar spinning, and I eventually have to kill the app). I made sure I am using the right username and password, and also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It won't get past the sign in.

I used to use Skype a lot on other CM7 variants. I am not sure if it is something with the app or this CM7 build. Let me know if your Skype is working or not.

This build is great and I really appreciate the work that has gone into it.

Upvote 0
Has anyone had problems with Skype on this latest build?

I can't get past the sign in stage (just says signing in with the circular progress bar spinning, and I eventually have to kill the app). I made sure I am using the right username and password, and also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It won't get past the sign in.

I used to use Skype a lot on other CM7 variants. I am not sure if it is something with the app or this CM7 build. Let me know if your Skype is working or not.

This build is great and I really appreciate the work that has gone into it.

Skype works fine, just tested it. Clear data in settings < apps for skype and try that.

Upvote 0
Hey g60 huge favor but could you put together a build that has working temple run? I believe it was the updated GPU drivers that broke it...anyways if you could do that that'd be awesome...thanks.

I installed temple rum on the current version 0810 and temple run worked fine for me I made sure to wipe out a handful of times and no crashes or lockups. Let me know if its still a problem. Just pm me and if need be I can roll back the drivers and release.

Upvote 0
Could be a bad flash, maybe redownload the ROM and do a full wipe/dalvik. I have never had an issue connecting to any type of wireless network.

Re-downloaded and flashed both the ROM and gapps, still had the same problem. I restored back to my old nandroid of a MIUI ROM, and had the same issue, so the problem doesn't appear to be the ROM. And since my laptop is working fine on wifi, looks like I have a hardware problem. I'd deff buy another MT if I had to, but that would kinda suck...

Upvote 0
Have you tried rebooting your router, and also, does your router have the latest firmware update installed?

Thank you for pointing that out. After hooking up an old router I found that the problem was/is my current router, rather than my phone. I can live without my phone's wifi at home since my pc is readily available but its good to know my phone's wifi will still work elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to implement this: https://www.otaupdatecenter.pro/ into the newer ROMs? Seems like it would be a lot easier. Instead of flashing every new build, we could just update to the newer ROM just as if we were on stock Android. I'm still running the g60 style-final build cause of an incident I had with a bad nandroid flash. It kept saying the MD5 wasn't correct and everything I tried on a Google search wouldn't fix it so I had to start over with my whole set-up. Still thinking that I'm going to flash this build soon. Thanks for all the development and continued progress with the Triumph!!! You are keeping my phone alive and as current as it can get.

Upvote 0
When I get set up (hopefully) Thursday I plan on working on a few kernel mods. Now if I put in those governors you have to promise to report back how they work for you. (jk)

Yaaay! :D But I will definitely have time to test the governors out for you or any mods you release! You guys have done so much to make a beast out of this phone and I would like to help out in any way possible! (Since I'm not a dev or anything haha)

Oh btw I don't know if you guys saw my older post maybe a few pages back about the "event4" wakelock that prevents deep sleep but I've done a little bit of research on it. I didn't find much about what it is exactly but it seems that the wakelock did occur in some of Whyzor's CM7 TG-Reloaded builds. Whyzor posted that he saw some "event" wakelocks occuring like "event4" and "event2." He released a kernel that seemed to have fixed these wakelocks and they can be seen in this post.

Maybe there's a way to implement his fixes into this rom?

Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0
Yaaay! :D But I will definitely have time to test the governors out for you or any mods you release! You guys have done so much to make a beast out of this phone and I would like to help out in any way possible! (Since I'm not a dev or anything haha)

Oh btw I don't know if you guys saw my older post maybe a few pages back about the "event4" wakelock that prevents deep sleep but I've done a little bit of research on it. I didn't find much about what it is exactly but it seems that the wakelock did occur in some of Whyzor's CM7 TG-Reloaded builds. Whyzor posted that he saw some "event" wakelocks occuring like "event4" and "event2." He released a kernel that seemed to have fixed these wakelocks and they can be seen in this post.

Maybe there's a way to implement his fixes into this rom?

Yeah we are still using his Wyzor's kernel on this ROM. The only thing I changed on the kernel is I merged in Matera's fixes for the proximity sensor.

Upvote 0
Well, my phone doesn't seem to like this ROM much. 2 random reboots in 48 hours, 3 dropped calls that seem to have something to do with proximity sensor, wifi draining battery like crazy. Battery drain on wifi seem to be higher on the Verizon branded Actiontec MI424WR-Rev. I than on D-Link DIR-655.
Definitely smoother than CM7 otherwise and 3G speeds are significantly faster than CM7. Hope you guys continue developing this ROM soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones