• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Thanks, i appreciate the help. Any idea why this is a problem for some?

4qqf9yp.gif

Upvote 0
Hello yall, Been a long time reader/lurker, so right off the bat I want to say thanks to the great Dev community that keeps pushing foward to pick up when others jump ship. You all are all saving me alot of $$ keeping me here interested with the Triumph.

Anyways,
Problems I am having...

1. Issues with restoring SMS. I've been using the SMS Backup & Restore App since November of 2011, I have flashed just about every rom out there & have never had this problem until I flashed mtdevCM7-20120819. I only was able to restore about half of them, I rebooted & they are now all gone. The other day I was running mtdevCM7-20120810 & I didn't run into this. Any suggestions?

2. Data- It seems like my data for SMS is intermittent. I'm sure the fact that I have horrible service right here @ my little workstation doesnt help but I'm getting messages that are hours old & again, that has never been an issue since I've owned the Triumph. Will some roms have different connection configurations when it comes to 1x & 3g running together or separately or will they have different PRL's?

3. This is an odd one & maybe I'm paranoid but when I open Google Maps it automatically opens up on Nigeria instead of the U.S.. If the last time I was using maps I was on my home wifi would that mean that my networked is POWNED by someone possibly using a RAT in Nigeria. I ran Z-Anti app (pentest tool/network discovery tool) & didnt see anything odd on my network. On Google maps there was no big blue circle or blue arrow, it just opened to Nigeria. I enable the GPS but it wouldn't lock, even with the wifi. Just seemed odd.

So I believe that is it for now.. Any input would be greatly appreciated & I aplogize ahead of time if this has bee discussed already & I dont remember it.

Upvote 0
Hello yall, Been a long time reader/lurker, so right off the bat I want to say thanks to the great Dev community that keeps pushing foward to pick up when others jump ship. You all are all saving me alot of $$ keeping me here interested with the Triumph.

Anyways,
Problems I am having...
Thank You
1. Issues with restoring SMS. I've been using the SMS Backup & Restore App since November of 2011, I have flashed just about every rom out there & have never had this problem until I flashed mtdevCM7-20120819. I only was able to restore about half of them, I rebooted & they are now all gone. The other day I was running mtdevCM7-20120810 & I didn't run into this. Any suggestions?
I use the same app for my messages. I can tell you that even with the same release, I haven't had an issue other than when I load fresh and I get a new message that the new message can get lost during the restore process. I have had issues with Handcent. It doesn't always get all of the messages. I will open the restored messages with the preinstalled app and change my settings from there so I have all of my stuff the way I want it.
2. Data- It seems like my data for SMS is intermittent. I'm sure the fact that I have horrible service right here @ my little workstation doesnt help but I'm getting messages that are hours old & again, that has never been an issue since I've owned the Triumph. Will some roms have different connection configurations when it comes to 1x & 3g running together or separately or will they have different PRL's?
Different ROMs can have an effect (affect?). Also a bad download or flash can have simular issues as well.
3. This is an odd one & maybe I'm paranoid but when I open Google Maps it automatically opens up on Nigeria instead of the U.S.. If the last time I was using maps I was on my home wifi would that mean that my networked is POWNED by someone possibly using a RAT in Nigeria. I ran Z-Anti app (pentest tool/network discovery tool) & didnt see anything odd on my network. On Google maps there was no big blue circle or blue arrow, it just opened to Nigeria. I enable the GPS but it wouldn't lock, even with the wifi. Just seemed odd.
This one is kinda wierd. I was using a GPS faker app that would mess things up while using the real GPS. I think it was how the eupherics (I think that's what it's called) is used.
So I believe that is it for now.. Any input would be greatly appreciated & I aplogize ahead of time if this has bee discussed already & I dont remember it.

Thank goodness J/K
Glad you like our work. We're still working on getting CM9 and 10 up to the CM7 standards, and I'm working on a new feature. We'll see how it goes. It does take like 20 Minutes to build:D

Thank you supporters! Without you, the builds, and thus tests, would still take about 3 hours.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply bud,

The ultimate ICS theme wouldnt have anything to do with the problems would it?

I think I might of recieved while restoring, not sure..

One more thing, I deleted my hancent app just to make sure setting are all the same & now when tyring to send sms it is just sitting there saying "sending" & I eventually get a "msg not sent'' notification. The thing is.. I have 3g right now.

Maybe Ill try to re-download & re-flash. This is just weird because, I've ran ROM's that have had a reputation of being very buggy for months on end & never had issues with them but this 20120819 is suppose to be stable & its almost unusable to me right now.. Its almost like every bug listed on this thread I have encounterd in the past 24hrs.Lol. I should definitely re flash.

Thanks again for the promt reply dsmryder! I'll let you know whether it fixes it.

Upvote 0
Heres a total noob question, but if I had a kernal running from a Froyo based ROM like Froyocream or B_Rom running on B_Kernal 2.3 does that get wiped out with a Davlik & factory wipe? I'm under the impression it does but what should be run with this ROM? Any suggestions? They aren't all compatible w/each other ROM & Kernal wise, correct?

Upvote 0
Heres a total noob question, but if I had a kernal running from a Froyo based ROM like Froyocream or B_Rom running on B_Kernal 2.3 does that get wiped out with a Davlik & factory wipe? I'm under the impression it does but what should be run with this ROM? Any suggestions? They aren't all compatible w/each other ROM & Kernal wise, correct?

The kernel (it's in the boot.img for those who poke around) is replaced with our kernel during the install process. It shouldn't matter if you clear chaches at all.

GB kernels for our phone almost work across the board. You will have functionally different issues. Think of the proximity bug, video flicker, audio bugs. At the same time you might get a benefit, like in the b_kernel you get the ablility to mount some types of images.
The FroYo kernels won't work on GB and vice versa, so just keep that in mind. But they all do have simularities, well GB and FroYo. Now for ISC and JB, they are way different from where we are now. It's either mad patching a FroYo kernel (GB is a patched FroYo kernel), or mad patching a fresh 3.0 + kernel. Either way it's a pain.

Upvote 0
Firstly, let me say that it feels smoother than g60style CM7 (and I love it as well) and I'm grateful for all the hard work put into these ROM's to give us a great experience with the Triumph. =)

Now, in the spirit of this being a development thread, on to why I'm posting. It could've been mentioned in the thread already, but I did a search for and didn't see it directly.

I'm not sure what was causing it, but every hour to two or so, my keyboard would come up, but nothing I typed would actually show up. I'd have to reboot to get it working again. I've purchased multiple keyboards and none of them would work at that point. The only thing I found to fix it would be a reboot.

Another thing is that wifi would stop connecting after a point. It'd work fine when connected, but after a few hours, it wouldn't connect at all. Sometimes in the settings screen for it, it'd just absolutely not even connect, then others it would say connected but never accomplish signal (strong signal on g60) at all, or disconnect itself within 10-15 seconds.

I suppose it could be something configured in my setup, but I went back to g60 style for the meantime as it doesn't do either of those things. I do use Tasker to disable wifi and mobile data and clock down when the screen cuts off (makes my battery life PHENOMENAL no matter what ROM I use and only uses juice when I tell it I need it), but it kicks the clock right back up when it comes back on and I manually enable wifi where needed. But that's not been problematic on MIUI or g60 for whatever reason.

Finished my book here, just tossing that out there in case I'm not alone or they're legitimate issues. Again, thanks dev's, you guys ROCK!

EDIT: Meant to mention, I've only used the downloads in this thread, no other kernels or what-have-you.

Upvote 0
This may seem to be a redundant question. But is there a way to enable Wi-Fi during sleep mode? After 10 minutes or so of it being asleep the Wi-Fi disconnects.
Thanks for the help :)

go to settings>wifi and networks> Wi-Fi Settings> press Menu key and go to Advanced> Wi-Fi Sleep Policy

you get 3 options

1.When Screen Turns Off
2. Never When Plugged In
3. Never

Reactions: mattbodin
Upvote 0
Ugh having some problems and hoping someone can give me a fix. Just flashed the new CM9 build and it was working great, followed all the instructions prior to installing (did factory reset, formatted cache, cleared dalvik cache. Then I just flashed the thunderprop for ICS and it installed fine but when I reboot, my phone keeps giving me the message "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" and shows no service at the bottom of the screen. Anyone have any idea what went wrong and how to fix it? Where can i get the stock build.prop file? Maybe putting that back will fix it?

Upvote 0
Ugh having some problems and hoping someone can give me a fix. Just flashed the new CM9 build and it was working great, followed all the instructions prior to installing (did factory reset, formatted cache, cleared dalvik cache. Then I just flashed the thunderprop for ICS and it installed fine but when I reboot, my phone keeps giving me the message "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" and shows no service at the bottom of the screen. Anyone have any idea what went wrong and how to fix it? Where can i get the stock build.prop file? Maybe putting that back will fix it?

If you do a reset and re-flash it would install the default build.prop. But before you do that, try going to Settings > Application > Manage Application > All > Google Services Framework and "Force Stop" then "Clear Data". That helped when I had this problem with MIUI but I don't know for sure since I haven't had the issue on CM7 and haven't tested CM9 at all.

Reactions: hotalings
Upvote 0
after switching to front camera, camera freezes and can't do anything with it. even other camera apps will not open now. hard reboot does not fix this problem. anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: got it back. soft reboot, with a battery pull and another reboot and its back up. but i can't duplicate the problem again? o well!

Upvote 0
Couple of weeks ago I did a quick&dirty upgrade from build 20120810 to 20120819 and began experiencing more and more reboots. Yesterday I gave up and did a full wipe and a clean install. Everything works fine now except for the GPS that takes forever to get a lock, most times it times out before getting the lock. It's as bad as it was on the stock ROM. Is this a common issue on the latest build or is it just a bad flash?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones