• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 08-10-2013

You might also want to try one of the stock rooted ROM's updated to the March OTA that nega posted in another thread. Some users have said that build is smoother than past versions, and hopefully the devs that have "stockish" ROM's like Harmonia will incorporate the updates at some point.

ramjet73

Right now I still have the January OTA on my phone which I believe the latest Harmonia 3.17 is tailored to. From what I have read so far the March OTA benefits are hard to discern, if in fact there are any. I may install the firmware anyways just to stay current. I have seen the "Stock VM 2.95.652.5710RD Un/Rooted | Odexed/Deodexed" thread and I have noticed your firmware zip. I haven't flashed a firmware before, do I flash it from recovery or from the bootloader? I installed the January OTA by going the RUU route while I was still s-on. I haven't changed the Jb hboot 1.57.5757 from the s-off process, do I need to install hboot 1.58 before I can flash this update? Are there restrictions or drawbacks to installing hboot 1.58 that I should know about?

Upvote 0
Right now I still have the January OTA on my phone which I believe the latest Harmonia 3.17 is tailored to. From what I have read so far the March OTA benefits are hard to discern, if in fact there are any. I may install the firmware anyways just to stay current. I have seen the "Stock VM 2.95.652.5710RD Un/Rooted | Odexed/Deodexed" thread and I have noticed your firmware zip. I haven't flashed a firmware before, do I flash it from recovery or from the bootloader? I installed the January OTA by going the RUU route while I was still s-on. I haven't changed the Jb hboot 1.57.5757 from the s-off process, do I need to install hboot 1.58 before I can flash this update? Are there restrictions or drawbacks to installing hboot 1.58 that I should know about?

you would typically flash firmware through bootloader

just place in root of sd, and go into bootloader, don't forget to remove/move the file after the flash, so you can get to recovery through there if need be.

Reactions: efaustus9
Upvote 0
I'm on r59. The screenshot function you added in the aroma doesn't work. It tries to I believe. Because now it vibrates Everytime I hit home and power together. :)

Yeah I'm not sure why it isn't installing, I have the install written correctly. It won't be an option in the next release, it will just install haha

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm not sure why it isn't installing, I have the install written correctly. It won't be an option in the next release, it will just install haha

If you've actually made the screenshot and sweep to wake work together perfectly, then I don't see why not. How much space does the app take up? IIRC, you omitted it initially to save space, not because it conflicts with sweep to wake like I assumed. Now that you've fixed the sweep to wake conflict, it still takes up space if included. I'm all for including it, but that's not my call. I'm just glad that you even are looking into this. Your ability to incorporate a new idea into your ROM quickly is astounding. Bravo good sir!!! :beerglass:

BTW, I've run Mobster for a day now and the battery usage is as expected...so I'm confident it's not a hardware issue.

I'm going to focus on software now. My idea is to flash your latest ROM and install only a few essential apps on it. Do you think this is a good way to chase down whatever is causing my issue? If it's running smooth, then over the next few days I can start adding apps while monitoring the sleep usage.

Upvote 0
It's probably an app issue not letting your phone deep sleep, I was having the same thing and tracked it down to my magic jack app that I use for wifi calling. Good luck with the problem, it's definitely not the rom. :D
OB

Would you call that phenomenon a wakelock? When it's happening, does the battery statistic look like mine. Out of the 6 hours that the image below covers, there seems to be a good 4-5 hour period where it's not awake.

I am getting a wakelock of com.htc.bgp. Have force stopped it a couple of times but it keeps coming back. Seems to be eating a lot of my battery right now.

Does your power screen look like mine at all? Does the wakelock show the phone as being awake...would it be a solid blue line, or lots of small dashes all throughout?

PowerStat_zpsafb2c90a.png

Upvote 0
Mine a solid blue line broken at the couple of points I stopped it. Mine almost looks like it is a Google syncing contacts problem. When I look in my accounts and sync that is the only thing that still has the sync sign next to it and it is not doing anything. Just spins a couple of times and then stops. Could be coincidence but I don't remember seeing this until version 59.

Upvote 0
Can confirm that not selecting Facebook during setup does remove it. Left messenger however.

You reminded me of an issue I had. I was unable to remove messenger, I think it said it was a system app, or something like that. So I wiped all and flashed a fresh copy and made sure Facebook was unchecked. Drill into apps and try to remove it manually and let us know what it says if it doesn't let you remove it.

Upvote 0
You reminded me of an issue I had. I was unable to remove messenger, I think it said it was a system app, or something like that. So I wiped all and flashed a fresh copy and made sure Facebook was unchecked. Drill into apps and try to remove it manually and let us know what it says if it doesn't let you remove it.

Went in and deleted the apk. It had not reinstalled the app but apk was still there. That did stop the lock I think. We shall see. Totally had not thought of it still doing that even after I didn't install it.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know of a way to stop the network from trying to search for signal besides airplane mode? My battery is eaten up by Cell Standby 74%. Usually the screen eats the most battery whereas that only ate 14% so far. Is there any kind of app that I can use to turn the network on and off? Would turning the radio off in the phone work maybe? I remember that option in the hidden settings menu I believe.

Upvote 0
I came back to this ROM after 2 weeks or so away from it, and I'm very pleased with the changes. It feels far more complete, and it's definitely my favorite stock-based ROM. Loving the SVN repository as well.

r59's screenshot works fine for me.

One question I have about the SVN -- forgive me if it's been asked before, but can I just zip up the changes and flash them as they arrive?

Reactions: negamann303
Upvote 0
Does your power screen look like mine at all? Does the wakelock show the phone as being awake...would it be a solid blue line, or lots of small dashes all throughout?
You should download the wakelock detector app from the play store, it's free and will instantly show you what apps and processes are causing your problem. :D

I came back to this ROM after 2 weeks or so away from it, and I'm very pleased with the changes. It feels far more complete, and it's definitely my favorite stock-based ROM. Loving the SVN repository as well.

r59's screenshot works fine for me.

One question I have about the SVN -- forgive me if it's been asked before, but can I just zip up the changes and flash them as they arrive?

Unfortunately no, you still have to zip the complete rom, this saves us having to download the whole thing though. :p
OB

Upvote 0
You should download the wakelock detector app from the play store, it's free and will instantly show you what apps and processes are causing your problem. :D

Unfortunately no, you still have to zip the complete rom, this saves us having to download the whole thing though. :p
OB

Ok guys, it's been one hell of a busy day for me, commited r60 though :)

Yeah I was doing incrementals for a little bit, but It was seriously ALOT of work!

Reactions: XAL2 and ramjet73
Upvote 0
Has ACID audio been tried with this Rom? I have always liked the sound of it a little better than beats but didn't know if it would cause more issues than it is worth.

Honesty, I think you don't even need it. Whatever negamann303 did to the audio portion is amazing.
I flash a lot of ROM's and this is the best sounding one out of all of them-but it only sounds as good as your headphones/earbuds of choice.

Upvote 0
Honesty, I think you don't even need it. Whatever negamann303 did to the audio portion is amazing.
I flash a lot of ROM's and this is the best sounding one out of all of them-but it only sounds as good as your headphones/earbuds of choice.

It is very good. Just always liked the balances etc. from Acid and wanted to see how it works on this rom or if anyone had experience with it on here. And this is not to knock this rom at all I love this rom. I have actually made it my daily after months of being on JB roms because it is so fast and solid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones