• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Negalite-Blurom | 2.95.651.5 | Virgin-Mobile/Sprint | Sense/Apex/Nova | Aroma | 08-10-2013

That doesn't look right at all. especially during sleep. it should last forever on a sleep. it should lose 1-2% every 1-3 hours on a sleep. That doesn't even seem right while awake to be honest.

I grabbed two logs and circled the current draw in red, battery % in blue, and voltage in yellow. On March 8 of this year, I was running BluRom and this is a log from a night of discharge. Looks pretty good to me :)

BatteryOK_zpsb9954723.png

And this is a log from last night. You can see MUCH higher current draw at each 10 minute interval as well as a quickly falling battery % and voltage. Given that the other images I posted show the screen as off and the phone as NOT being awake, I can't figure out how this much current is being used. Do rogue apps keep the phone awake, or can they run and use up resources while sleeping? I didn't circle it, but the battery temps are quite a bit higher as well.

BatteryDrain_zpse24f5cd3.png

Upvote 0
Anyone else having some sort of HTC sense Facebook update trying to come through but never actually downloading? Says build 140579. So far have deleted all things Facebook, rebooted, wiped caches etc and it will not go away. I know I could flash my backup and that would solve it but any other thoughts?

Did you un check Facebook during the aroma install?

Upvote 0
Anyone else having some sort of HTC sense Facebook update trying to come through but never actually downloading? Says build 140579. So far have deleted all things Facebook, rebooted, wiped caches etc and it will not go away. I know I could flash my backup and that would solve it but any other thoughts?

I got that yesterday but I was on Pacman rom :thinking:

I don't think it has to do with the rom, it's something with the Facebook app.

Upvote 0
We need negamann to confirm that leaving out a previously installed app on a dirty flash will remove it. The first time it happened to me, I decided to wipe everything and start fresh.

Would be good to know but worst case scenario ends with clean flash of whatever the newest version is at that point. I do know on one update I forgot to check OASVN app and it was gone when I rebooted.

Upvote 0
We need negamann to confirm that leaving out a previously installed app on a dirty flash will remove it. The first time it happened to me, I decided to wipe everything and start fresh.

Most of the apps during rom install are installed to /system/app. If you update an app in google play, It installs to /data/app. Dirty flashing preserves the /data/app contents, nothing I can do about it.

2 reasons my apps don't install to /data/app from the start:

1. Most apps installed to data fresh tend to fc ALOT. Only a small amount of apps fc when installing to /system(wifi-tether for example) so I have to meet in the middle

2. If you do a data restore, it wipes the data partition then adds your backup, resulting in every app you chose in my rom installer to no longer be present.

To be more specific. Any rom installer gives apps and never deletes them for you, that would be your job

Upvote 0
Not sure what happened but now my phone seems pegged on high brightness. Have turned down every setting I can find and it is stuck there. Also tried rebooting but still pegged. This is after flashing the system update. Going to go back to a backup and then flash the 58 update to see if that takes care of it.

Full process was: Update through bootloader
Reboot - all is good
No sweep to close again
Flash Kernel in recovery
Reboot
BRIGHT PHONE!!!

Upvote 0
Not sure what happened but now my phone seems pegged on high brightness. Have turned down every setting I can find and it is stuck there. Also tried rebooting but still pegged. This is after flashing the system update. Going to go back to a backup and then flash the 58 update to see if that takes care of it.

Full process was: Update through bootloader
Reboot - all is good
No sweep to close again
Flash Kernel in recovery
Reboot
BRIGHT PHONE!!!

did you try toggling the power off and on?

Upvote 0
Yes. Did it a couple of times. Actually you know what it is: it looks almost like the 3d is stuck on or something (even though I don't even have it on now). Restoring back up now. Then will boot it and see if it seems ok. Then will flash the 58 update and we'll see where we stand.

if 3d is stuck, just reboot. the post_boot is responsible for turning it off

Upvote 0
I switched back to Harmonia for a bit, it may not be as fast and smooth as this fine rom but to its credit it works for me with out issue. I was on r50 and my issues were;

(1. The periodic prompts of "Google play service has stopped" when using the phone.
(2. The default font of this rom has issues displaying certain characters. When surfing the web or facebook, I would see []'s instead of certain characters.
(3. When I would wake the phone from an extended period of stand-by the CPU0 would be stuck at 384Mhz. CPU1 would run up to 1.5Ghz while CPU0 would still be running at 384Mhz. To fix this I would have to open kernel tuner and drag up the scale on CPU0 to 1.5Ghz.
(4. I could not restore my contacts via titanium, nor would syncing with Google restore them.
(5. The blue color of pop ups, as seen in SuperSU requests and app update change logs, as opposed to the default white doesn't really jive.

I like this rom, and seeing that it is updated so frequently I will be checking back soon to see how it is progressing. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
I switched back to Harmonia for a bit, it may not be as fast and smooth as this fine rom but to its credit it works for me with out issue. I was on r50 and my issues were;
You might also want to try one of the stock rooted ROM's updated to the March OTA that nega posted in another thread. Some users have said that build is smoother than past versions, and hopefully the devs that have "stockish" ROM's like Harmonia will incorporate the updates at some point.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
So I got the update to 58 from svn. Made a 532mb zip. Went through all the aroma steps and then flashed it. Flash was a black screen where all the info usually shows up as it processes and then says done. Reboot ROM and still on old version. Any idea of a cause?

Did you wipe system on install?

nvm I was missing a " in updater-script for screenshot. fixing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones