• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Number Two (#2) v3.0.1 {ZVE}

Martin714 said:
i dont think cm9 would drain battery cause isnt the kernal ur choice to choose?

Well i used cm6 and cm7 and the battery drains was just a little more than the other roms that were available for the phone I was using.

But that's neither here nor there, i was simply making an assumption not a hard fact.

I don't know how cm9 will be honestly battery life to me doesn't matter as my phone is on the charger when I'm not using it.

Regardless it's amazing that we have the options we have because everybody isn't gonna like the same things.

Upvote 0
Flashed the performance zip last night. Internet is WAY faster than before. When I'm off work, I'm on Rhapsody, Netflix, or some kind of game. Battery has been about normal for my use. Never let it run all day without some kind of charge so don't have an opinion about that. But this ROM seems to be just about at its limit. Can't think of anything else that needs to be done. Drifta rocks.

Upvote 0
Well i used cm6 and cm7 and the battery drains was just a little more than the other roms that were available for the phone I was using.

But that's neither here nor there, i was simply making an assumption not a hard fact.

I don't know how cm9 will be honestly battery life to me doesn't matter as my phone is on the charger when I'm not using it.

Regardless it's amazing that we have the options we have because everybody isn't gonna like the same things.

actually my first encounter with cm7 was PGs rom for the ascend lol. i was a noob back then and luckily i had accidentally downloaded rom manager and installed cwm without even knowing what the hell i was doing lol. I then proceeded to flash a kernel from ROM Manager that was called "lazy ascend" or something and it landed me in a boot loop lol. I had no idea what was happening so i started reading online about it lol. I then (in the spirit of doing things the hard way the first time around) took my moms phone (epic 4g) and logged into my google account and downloaded ROM Manager Premium, then put my sd card into her phone and downloaded PG's cm7 ROM onto my sd...then switched it back to my phone and flashed it on to my ascend (without wiping :p)...so that being said...CM7 saved my life once lol. PG always does good work too. so we will see what happens when cm9 is official. It could end up being my daily driver. It is the daily driver on my ascend and optimus now :D

Upvote 0
Flashed performance zip last night. No issues do far!

Still great on battery! Thanks Ldrifta

Attachments

• screenshot-1342037652209.png
    screenshot-1342037652209.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
reset internal sd....used ez wipe....reinstalled 2.0 rom....charged battery to 100% and 3 hours later.....dead....peice of shit phone....might i add to the equation that this happens no matter what rom....even bone stock before i did anything....phone didnt even want to charge when i first got it....this is my 3rd esteem and by far the worst....others didnt do this on battery life at all

Upvote 0
reset internal sd....used ez wipe....reinstalled 2.0 rom....charged battery to 100% and 3 hours later.....dead....peice of shit phone....might i add to the equation that this happens no matter what rom....even bone stock before i did anything....phone didnt even want to charge when i first got it....this is my 3rd esteem and by far the worst....others didnt do this on battery life at all

Okay. First off.

The ROM only has so much to do with the battery life. The length that it lasts isn't solely based on how good the Rom or Kernel is. Actually those just regulate what is USING the battery. So I would assume your problem lies in what's actually USING that battery.

If you run Pandora radio, Angry Birds and and have your screen on max brightness all at the same time and only get 3 -4 hours out of the phone, you can't really complain about that.

A phone doesn't die in 3 hours for NO reason. Period. So if I were you I would recommend not being pessimistic and posting hateful banter and language about a phone within it's forum and start asking questions to what you can do to fix the problem, if you care that is. If you don't care about resolving the problem then that's fine too, but I think most of us here would like to keep our atmosphere positive. Especially the owner of the thread. I don't think he wants his thread clouded with hateful posts about the Esteem that really serve no purpose. They make blogs for that. :D

If you want help there is plenty of people here willing to help.

Upvote 0
v2.1 includes this tweak:
1. Better battery - build.prop & sysctl.conf [v = n, o = v]

or that tweak is included?

L told me the "default" tweak was in 2.1.

When I ran the "Default" tweak on 2.0 w/ 1.9.1's build.prop, I noticed a nice difference in battery life and smoothness.

I'm one against "placebo" so If I say I feel a difference then I actually noticed a difference. Mainly because I do the TESTS to prove it as fact instead of assumption. :D

Upvote 0
The rom comes with the tweak labeled as "Rom Default"...

I could not have made that any easier for you guys to understand lol

and flashing all 3 does nothing.. you'll just be left with the last one you flashed, the installer script deletes the old and adds the new everytime you flash it...

and i mean it's pretty obvious that you can use only 1 at a time because otherwise it would just all be in the rom instead of uploading 3 different .zip files.. lol

sometimes i wonder about you guys lol READING is something you learn before you ever knew how to root android.. lets not forget that 1 simple step ;)

but i still love ya all!! haha

Upvote 0

and flashing all 3 does nothing.. you'll just be left with the last one you flashed, the installer script deletes the old and adds the new everytime you flash it...

and i mean it's pretty obvious that you can use only 1 at a time because otherwise it would just all be in the rom instead of uploading 3 different .zip files.. lol

sometimes i wonder about you guys lol READING is something you learn before you ever knew how to root android.. lets not forget that 1 simple step ;)

Hahah hey i am one of those slow to get at things lol i flashed the 2.1 which does not include peformance will flash performance to test it and dont forget about us slow learners lol just playing.

Upvote 0

So yo ldrifta what happens if I flash all 3 of the zips? :p

Upvote 0
I would like to know cuz I did all 3 and its working good but then there saying you can use one at a time :thinking:

Its like flashing three different roms. They overwrite eachother.
They dont combine.
The default one tried to stay at a good medium between performance and battery.
The performance one tried to lean more to performance. And the battery one which leans to battery saving.
If you have the battery one and flash the performance itll overwrite the battery tweaks to performance tweaks.

Reactions: divagirl and mrpnut
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones